Planet naming - Testing 245

This was mentioned somewhere in one of the threads but it may have been buried (I can not seem to find it).

You are still able to name your private planet the same name as a normal planet which seems like it could cause issues down the road.

Not sure if this intended or not.

13 Likes

You bring up an interesting point, because you could also have a situation where you can name your world “Soju-VB’s World” and another player could also use the same name, so I’ve added your comments to the database.

6 Likes

I was wondering about this one too

I’m still waiting for the day we randomly get two exos at the same time with the same name through RNG

1 Like

That would definitely be a million to one exo(s) be fun though and wonder if it would cause issues with warps etc

1 Like

Yeah, I figured on a technical side it probably did not matter… I assume portals and such use some sort of code to identify the planet and the name is kinda just a “nickname” for lack of a better word.

But for player purposes, especially new players, having planets with the same name could get messy fast.

1 Like

Also will the devs let people make “knockoff names”?

For example, if I made a planet and named it “DK World”, could someone else make a planet and name it “DK Wor1d” or “DK WorId” (that’s an “i”) etc?