Planet resources complete spreadsheet

No problem, I hope this helps at least one person looking for that best planet for a specific resource. I know I had a lot of trouble finding where to farm each one.

2 Likes

I know I’ll be using it for reference!

This is awesome! I can tell that a lot of work went into this, I’ll definitely be referencing this and advising other people to do so also!

Nice one :fist:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: Took me a day in total, might be a lot for some, but I’d have done it even if just for myself to give my mind rest about the true best planets for each resource.

The data was taken at about 10am UCT today btw, the numbers are from the situation at that time. Popularity of, for example mining planets in the long run can change the numbers.

1 Like

Great work! :wink:

Nice spreadsheet! I also like the raw numbers more so I played around with formatting.

My result is now this:

Just created a custom number format:
[<950]0"";[<999500]0,“K”;0,,“M”

Or with decimals for high numbers but then the columns need to be a bit wider:
[<950]0"";[<999500]0.0,“K”;0.0,,“M”

(replace double quotes with normal ones due to forum formatting)
and then applied the formatting like it is in the raw number sheet

3 Likes

That looks good, but that number format doesn’t seem to work from copy-paste o.O

edit: I think I managed, used

[<999950]0,“K”;[<999950000]0,“M”;0,“B”
note that the forum formats the double quotes so you’ll have to replace them manually with the correct ones

Thank you, it look better this way imo.

Yes forum formatter gets in the way have corrected it above. Just needs manual replacement of " as already mentioned

@Mayumichi

Are these numbers static? Or do they update?

I don’t even know if thats possible, but I think the are different. :man_shrugging:

Static, I did the data entry with a modified version of the proxy ui program to display me the most recent planetary resource data that has been received (happens when you open up a world’s details from the places menu). Then copy-paste’d that to the corresponding planet’s row. The server reported data is dynamic, the seam numbers change as they are mined and regenerated. But the values in the spreadsheet cells don’t auto-update to reflect live data.

Cool, thanks for the info!

How does one update this data more interested in plants

You’d use the proxy UI thing linked at the end of the first post, open the planet in-game, locations -> worlds -> resources, find the relevant request the game made and find the resource array in there.

Wireshark should work too, I just modified the proxy UI to detect the planetary data and print the array out to make things easier.

What specifically are you interested in?

Very usefull spreadsheet…thx so much :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response I’m not technical enough to decipher most of it lol.
Was just interested in plants for leaf and bean drops mostly

I mean I can do it for you, but the numbers shouldn’t change much. All the plants are already in there, no?

Oh if that’s the case then no need but thanks for the offer.

Any chance you could pick the view so planet name shows when scrolling over?

I know I could create a new copy and do this myself, but so many people already have this bookmarked, it seems silly to only fix it for myself!

Also, any plans to add new plants?

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure what you mean :sweat_smile:

Updating the data is planned but has been a low priority, maybe I’ll get to it soon, maybe not :smiley:

1 Like

I froze 3 columns now, that’s what you meant right?

1 Like