Planet resources complete spreadsheet

Your friendly data-elf here with another spreadsheet I’ve been working on :slight_smile: This time it’s the complete planetary resources as reported by the server.

The difference compared to All embedded resources from all planets (pics + google sheet) is that the numbers are relative to other planets. This means that you can actually see which planet has the most of a resource, the numbers in the in-game resource tab are relative to that planet. 10% diamond on a planet that has a total of 100 seams is worse than a planet with 5% diamond that has a total of 50000 seams.

The server reports the actual object counts, so I can tell you how many desert swords there are, compared to the fibrous leaf count. This data could be refined to tell which planet has the most fibrous leaves too, but somebody else can have the honor of doing that, I’m fine with this version. Hover over the plant etc names to see what they drop. Drop data source is @Pfiffel who made http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/drops

A sneak peek for those who can’t open that atm.

edit: A fun fact, there are 8 rough oortstone (seams?) in the world, let’s see if someone can actually find them :smiley:

Oh and a big disclaimer, the plant, boulder etc names are manually derived from their respective drop rates when comparing to the resources tab in-game. There might be errors in the column titles but I did my best. Let me know by commenting or pm me here if you find a discrepancy.

Thanks to the original resources spreadsheet for the general feel and visual style and @Simoyd for creating Boundless Proxy UI which I used to collect the data with.

23 Likes

Hey, sorry but I’m struggling to understand this a little!

Let’s take ruby.

For Alcyon it says 100%, not quite sure what is 100% of?

As it also says 28% diamond on Alcyon, so it’s not reflecting the percentage of gem seams on that planet.

It also says 25% and 57% ruby’s on other planets, so not reflecting the about of rubies seams on all planets…

Apologies if I’m being a bit thick, but I’m not sure how to read the information!

Sorry, yeah I’m bad at explaining, they’re relative counts between the planets, 100% means that’s the highest amount in that column. I’m not sure if that makes any sense either :smiley: Does somebody know what that’s really called?

Ok, maybe I got it now.

So if Alcyon had 100 ruby seams, then it would have 28 diamond seams?

The percentage number is relative to the maximum count in that column.

28% means that the amount of that resource on that planet is 28% of the max count.

These are the raw numbers, ruby is highest on Alcyon at 40k seams, Serp is 23k, which is 58% of Alcyon. Does that make any sense? That’s what I mean with “relative to other planets”

I would’ve kept the raw numbers if they were a bit smaller, if I wanted to fit the large numbers in to a nice looking spreadsheet you’d have to scroll the columns a lot, with the percentages I could fit it on a single 1080p screen. But the raw numbers might’ve been easier to understand :confused:

Yeah, I think so.

I think using the percentage confused me.

If you are able to publish, the spreadsheet above with the actual values would be easier to understand, for me anyway.

BTW, thanks for the time and effort you have put into this, and then for sharing it with everyone else!

I made the raw numbers tab visible in the spreadsheet, it’s not as nicely formatted though.

Awesome, thanks again!

No problem, I hope this helps at least one person looking for that best planet for a specific resource. I know I had a lot of trouble finding where to farm each one.

2 Likes

I know I’ll be using it for reference!

This is awesome! I can tell that a lot of work went into this, I’ll definitely be referencing this and advising other people to do so also!

Nice one :fist:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: Took me a day in total, might be a lot for some, but I’d have done it even if just for myself to give my mind rest about the true best planets for each resource.

The data was taken at about 10am UCT today btw, the numbers are from the situation at that time. Popularity of, for example mining planets in the long run can change the numbers.

1 Like

Great work! :wink:

Nice spreadsheet! I also like the raw numbers more so I played around with formatting.

My result is now this:

Just created a custom number format:
[<950]0"";[<999500]0,“K”;0,,“M”

Or with decimals for high numbers but then the columns need to be a bit wider:
[<950]0"";[<999500]0.0,“K”;0.0,,“M”

(replace double quotes with normal ones due to forum formatting)
and then applied the formatting like it is in the raw number sheet

3 Likes

That looks good, but that number format doesn’t seem to work from copy-paste o.O

edit: I think I managed, used

[<999950]0,“K”;[<999950000]0,“M”;0,“B”
note that the forum formats the double quotes so you’ll have to replace them manually with the correct ones

Thank you, it look better this way imo.

Yes forum formatter gets in the way have corrected it above. Just needs manual replacement of " as already mentioned

@Mayumichi

Are these numbers static? Or do they update?

I don’t even know if thats possible, but I think the are different. :man_shrugging:

Static, I did the data entry with a modified version of the proxy ui program to display me the most recent planetary resource data that has been received (happens when you open up a world’s details from the places menu). Then copy-paste’d that to the corresponding planet’s row. The server reported data is dynamic, the seam numbers change as they are mined and regenerated. But the values in the spreadsheet cells don’t auto-update to reflect live data.

Cool, thanks for the info!

How does one update this data more interested in plants