Experiencing connection instability to some worlds

I think you can test it with gs-live-euc1.playboundless.com

For the record, I had trouble a couple nights ago with Tana VII where my shop is, and about 3 hours ago with Stories II where my home is.

Same here for Ereso, got a toon stuck there now. Every time I try to log into that toon it gives me Game Server connection lost. I also use Comcast.

just did the http://status.playboundless.info/ check and test. Only thing that is active for me is the log in server.

assuming the server address listed above ( gs-live-euc1.playboundless.com is correct the tracert to 54.93.213.82 Times out after being passed to the level3 backbone. Comcast routers are handling the packets correctly as far as I can tell. Extended pings show packet loss over 50 percent.

7 * * 130 ms ae-2-3202ear2paris1level3net [4.69.140.34]
8 126 ms 127 ms 126 ms 212.73.243.158
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 175 ms 163 ms * ec2-54-93-213-82.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com [54.93.213.82]

Is why I made this suggestion a while back.

So if one of the servers is unreachable, you can still hopefully get your character to somewhere else without spending a fortune on a warp (if you even have the skill on that char).

I couldnt even log in for bit because it wouldnt even load her in sanctum. Had to back all the way out of the game and wait a bit.

1 Like

Does this mean that half of the worlds will just remain inaccessible for those of us with problems?

2 Likes

I get severe lag on any EU central world. Now TNT is impossible to be in :-/

1 Like

would restarting the worlds help i have been unable to enter the eu world since saturday

1 Like

me three …

1 Like

3 days later still cant use network

2 Likes

I’m Comcast/Xfinity as well.

Xa Frant been unplayable for me for 3 days now I didnt see anything on forums so I checked every issue I could. I have 2 accts PC and PS4 and neither are playable.

Comcast as well

2 Likes

So, do you guys think the Devs can help or is this a provider issue?

1 Like

It’s been days of these issues, surely they’d know by now? How do we know if it’s be looked at?

1 Like

Timeouts on trace route can be red herrings because it’s not entirely uncommon for intermediate networks to block such traffic. It looks like you can get to the destination and the fact it’s AWS to me indicates it’s mostly likely a software issue on the server or an intermediate network being traversed between player and AWS. If it was an AWS issue pretty sure we would have heard about it by now lol

I have had no issues on any server for the last couple of days, but I am in Asia so a different route to the servers than those in NA. Probably not something the Devs can do much about if its something between NA and EU causing the issue.

With that being said, I often do have connection issues and Boundless is very sensitive to connection problems… which is what drove me to post about having 2 “home” beacons to allow players a way to escape a bad connection when it is out of their control… so they can at least still log in and play.

Welcome to the forum :hugs: