Player Pop

Good morning all!
I’ve seen quite a few older threads discussing player population but not much new. My kids and I just found this amazing game in the last couple of weeks and we love it! We even got ourselves a sov planet to really have some fun. It seems like there are tons of player created content that is absolutely awesome but half of it appears dead. I’ve also only ran across maybe 5 other players in my travels over the last week. Whats up with that? I’d hate to get ultra invested in a game that we missed the boat on as far as interacting with other players. I’d love to hear some input from Veteran Citizens! Thanks in advance and we hope to see you out there!

• Searr
14 Likes

It is an exploration game and there are so many worlds to visit , create and build on …
Best bet if you want to meet people is around portal networks, malls and group hunts

You can join several discords and the forum is active if you need help with anything or want to join a guild.

Welcome to our community :grin:

7 Likes

Hi Wendy! We are working our way up slowly and have visited quite a few worlds at this point and there is sooo much cool stuff to see that people have built. Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

firstly, welcome to the game and forums Searr!

there’s about 50 home worlds and over 400 current active sovereign planets
so the population might look small, but its spread across all those planets.
as a player myself with a 2 year play experience, the players come and go and this is normally for any game really. don’t look at the population too much :slight_smile: you could also find a active settlement (example glitch world refgar) and just settle down with them and build up your game experience this way and most of all have fun!
for me I’m mainly a solo player when it comes to building and settlements but that’s just my play style. everyone is different in that way

also do not forget that many players do not share the same time zone

4 Likes

Welcome @Searr! It’s awesome that you’ve found the game. It’s a lot of fun.

I just returned to the game, and I ran into the same concerns as you. However, I also came to the forums and began utilizing the portal networks and malls. I found that the population tends to hover around those areas. The other planets will feel a little empty, but mostly because everyone is hopping around from place to place.

The forums are a great resource when you have a questions. So, utilize it if you get stuck. There are a lot of great people on here who have helped me get through some of the less intuitive parts of the game. I’m also starting to participate in community hunts and events. It may be relatively small (compared to some of the other games out there), but this community is engaged, helpful, and they love playing Boundless.

I’m still learning the ropes, but feel free to message me directly if you have any questions (though you might have better luck posting it to the forums – as I’m not terribly experienced).

Good luck!

My in-game characters are: Nezhador (main), Nezhno (crafter), and Nezhnora (low level alt). Feel free to send a friend request if you see me.

4 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! Thats encouraging to hear. I’ve got the whole family playing this now. My oldest checked the Steam player avg though and it shows about 120 players on at a time which seems crazy with as vast as this game is but I’ve also been told those numbers are misleading.

We’ve got a farming setup on Tana VII and are building up our spot on our Sov world Sanctuary. We’ll be opening it up for visitors in the next couple of weeks I think. I’m usually a solo player myself but this game really allows you to collaborate well with people and makes it a ton of fun. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

4 Likes

Don’t forget half the player population is on PS/4 not on Steam, so double those figures.

You really also need to take into account timezones. It’s a global player base, and many people go offline during the wee hours or work hours local time.

7 Likes

Theres a few places that always has a lot of players around TNT hub on circ is always busy with people hopping between planets and arie is busy pretty much constantly. Tana does also have a good population of people shopping at dk’s ever expanding mall

3 Likes

Fact: It does have a low population, when compared to similar games.

However, if you & your family are enjoying the game, it will be worth every minute :blush:

There are “hotspot” places that have a good bit of activity… some portal hubs that stay fairly busy, some markets/malls, several hunt guild/groups (they get 30+ players every hunt), there area a few towns/cities that are usually active…

6 Likes

Welcome!! :smiley: It really is such a great game, and the people in the community are truly some of the finest out there. :slight_smile: As mentioned, we are a bit spread out - it is a big universe! - but there are a few busier areas: TNT Hub on Circarpous is one, and DK Mall on Tana VII another, almost always others hanging around or busy there. Also, there are special events that can bring us together as well, and some of the exoworlds (special temporary worlds) can draw quite a crowd too!

2 Likes

Thanks for taking a minute out your day to answer my post everyone. It’s def appreciated! I’ve roamed around the TNT hub and DK Mall. Took the long route to get an alt to my spot on Tana lol. I’m hoping to get our Sov world up to the point where we can set up a portal from one of the hubs. All in good time of course but I agree, the game is great so far and the addition of the Sov world just put it over the top. Keep an eye out for Slub Slub Guild and our new planet Sanctuary during your travels!

5 Likes

Welcome to the game, great to hear your family is in too I’m sure they’ll enjoy it. The community here is great, friendly and helpful and very generous.

2 Likes

welcome !

another place to meet people are community events. mainly mass hunts ( some are new player friendly and requirements are very low) but also competitions. building contests, treasure hunts, Ninja warrior and Dodge Bomb games. keep an eye on forums for these

7 Likes

True! I’m on PS4 (Searr) and the rest of the fam is on PC.

3 Likes

Welcome to the game!

The population is low by many standards, but the great thing is that there’s so many great people that play the game.

TNT hub is a great place to find people, as others have said, and to also find resources. There’s lots of portals to mines, farms, sovereign planets, plus shops and malls, etc.

River Town on Arie is a good place to meet friendly folks, too.

I hope you continue to enjoy your time playing!

4 Likes

Hi and welcome :wave:
Player population is pretty low, yeah, but it sorta makes it feel more like a community. Everyone is incredibly willing to help and is very welcoming to new players.
As has been said above - hunts, malls, and these forums are where you’ll find most players.
Have fun!

3 Likes

Welcome To Boundless here’s a :cookie: for you and the fam

6 Likes

What planet do you reside on?

2 Likes

Loving the community aspect and I appreciate everyone commenting on this post! We’ve got a farming spot on Tana VII and just acquired a T5 Turbulent Shock Sov world a couple of days ago that we’re working on called “Sanctuary”.

7 Likes

Someone is a textile artist? Can you knit us some in-game clothing?

1 Like