Players claiming hundreds (or more) of plots to block access to Diamonds

Nope, but they bypass the time that it takes to fill up a chunk, so it can start doing the resources once the 4 hours is up.

Edit: I occasionally go regen bomb areas I am going to mine in the evenings. Even without the mines, it helps cut down on the search time.

Second edit because of horrible grammar.

People could always just mine other resources… then trade for diamonds. Example in my mines, easy to get like 25 gems per resource area… then trade 1:1 for diamonds… just saying.

So after reading a bunch of Red Gleam on Vulpto threads from last year:

@james stance on this was as long as there are other places ANYWHERE on the planet to get that item, it is not considered griefing by him.

Basically, if they claim the whole planet… and just leave one area that spawns diamonds available then it is ok.

That was in Beta. And there was some discussion of a Charter? I would like to hear his thoughts on this issue at present.

1 Like

Are all diamonds taken? nope.

of course they are not all taken. That was the point. If you leave 1 diamond block available to spawn ANYWHERE on the planet… then it is ok behavior. According to what i could find and directly quote in case someone asked. He just avoided the problem, by saying the new worlds wont have this problem. (he was talking about Red Gleam, but same idea) That is one answer we will most likely get, unless he has changed his stance.

He also suggested people concerned about this action, go out and claim the areas over said mountains that way the plots under with the diamonds cannot be claimed. So there is another answer you will most likely get.

No one ever thought they were all claimed. Cause no one is that stupid. But thank you for clearing that up…

Someone DID think they said “you can claim everything”… which i still couldn’t find.

and so we circle back to exactly what I said, correct Crete?

Nothing will be done.

It was also before you could just pay to buy plots. I feel like he was against pay-to-win at all so, I’d also like to hear from @james

1 Like

I’ll also wait for a reply. I just have a bad feeling i know what it’s going to be =P

the best they could do, is remove plots from being purchasable… while allowing those who purchased to keep theirs.

There’s lots they can do. Just make a farming planet that can’t be claimed. Common in Minecraft. Let’s not make assumptions.

3 Likes

Great idea! Pop that in the Suggestions category =D

they already suggested that’s how they will implement pvp.

They try that on a few other planets that I usually mine too. Least put a rule if not active u can be there course that still drys it up. I had someone do it to me. I just asked nicely to remove them and he did

This is not first time this happened.
Back in EA red gleam was really scarce then people started to beacon the spaces where they were spawning. :slight_smile: nothing new. Live with it. Life goes on.

The 400th thread on this subject. Search subject matter.

Haha dont hold your breath, im one of those loner guys trying to do everything by myself. Soon have 6 lvl 50 chars. Got a shop which im slowly changing from a loot store to a forge and crafted goods store.
Will keep selling my surplus mats though. But right now im really busy acumelating stuff. Used almost 1k plots in my city though. But my build needs major rework. :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe we could get the devs to change it so blocked off resources dont show up on the atlas

5 Likes

I was just about to post this after i finished reading through the thread lol.

1 Like

Wow. Seems I’m late to the party…

First off, not a fan of the practice of cubing off gems.

Secondly, it’s a normal use case of plot mechanics and i think it’s completely legal to do.

Thirdly, I love loopholes and game mechanics. I don’t believe what I’m about to say is griefing as it is similar use of existing game mechanics.

If you don’t like the rules of the game, either change the rules or the game. Devs make up the rules, and its impossible to please everyone. But we make up the game…

So here we have a situation where a group of people (lets call them a guild, whether co-operative or not) plot diamond spots. Server stats show there are diamonds, no new planets are dropped.
Another guild, “casual diamond miners”, want the gems but cant get to them because they regen in unreachable territory. The consensus is that options now are:

1. Buy from guild A
  2. Ask for dev intervention.

Option 3 exists but i havent seen anyone mention it - a guild war. Group B cant get to the diamonds? Then make sure group A cant get to them either!
As a wise man once said, “to have a diamond, you must mine a diamond.” Okay so B cant prevent A from mining diamonds, drats.
But. Once mined, where do we get more diamonds? REGEN! and what does regen require to happen? No chunk changes in 4 hours. And how big is a chunk? Mantle to ceiling… get where I’m going with this?
B can hold the diamonds ransom by preventing respawning by randomly breaking even a single block above plotted chunks. Cant find anything to break? Build a single block! Do this, once every 4 hours between all the players in groupB for a single 48h period after A has harvested, and server logs will show zero diamonds…

• PLOP * a new diamond world is spawned :grin:

Ps willing to troubleshoot other issues with creative solutions for gem hammers lol.

EDIT: TL/DR its easy to game them back.

1 Like

If it doesn’t change and only a "few’ get resources the game dies and everybody leaves for other games that is a FACT and will happen so don’t me a fool and keep stealing resources from everybody else like this!

1 Like