Players claiming hundreds (or more) of plots to block access to Diamonds

Can we not pretend the Devs are bent over a barrel for a hundred bucks?

It’s just as likely that they’d rather have a positive community that gives it glowing reviews which encourages hundreds more people to pay full price for the game.

I find it far more likely than them wanting to have a negative toxic community with tons of negative of reviews. This is a game they’ve spent years of their life on (if not a decade). I’m sure they want it to be a positive experience for players. The devs seem like nice people.

1 Like

Lol alright, lmk when things change. Also it’s not hundreds. They make more money off of plots sold, then they most likely do in games sold.

True that.

So this might not be a well-liked solution, but they can change it so certain resources like gems and metals randomly spawn in different areas either every 24 hrs when the atlas resets, or once a week.
It would make the atlas even more useful and it would prevent this hoarding behavior.

2 Likes

issue with that is, resources spawn based on location in the terrain. To do this, would have to change a lot.

Example: Under oceans, high in mountains etc…

They would have to move whole mountains, not just the resource.

True, but maybe it’ll make people think about where to put down their plot walls in case it covers where potential resources might have spawned. It can’t be calculated down to the same safe blocks every time

1 Like

That’s what the “Anyone?” was for. It was there the whole time. I didn’t think you would help me find a made-up quote…

But… If anyone knows where the devs said they wouldn’t stop anyone from claiming everything as stated by this gentleman:

I would be interested in that conversation they were having.

I can’t say anything that hasn’t already been said. These people are entirely free to do this, but it still makes them pretty crappy for doing so.

The day someone decides to spend a few thousand and plot out every major Diamond source on Serpensarindi, they become the actual DeBeers company in Boundless, restricting Diamond flow and artificially raising the price. How very interesting of a universe Boundless could theoretically become.

The conversation was about a red gleam mountain, which was fully taken over in early access. All I am going to say about the matter.

This is exactly what one of them recently suggested as a way to introduce titan lore and fix the problem of regeneration. The mini titan would roam the planet replacing the missing blocks with potentially new blocks of unknown resource types or maybe just same class but a different type (ie: gem/ore/coal/etc). It seemed that this idea would be an attempt to satisfy the titan craze, add some lore, and fix a resource problem. I thought it was a fantastic idea. I hope to see it implemented.

2 Likes

Actually, that was just an idea thread from a few of us brainstorming. The dev’s haven’t put out anything about claiming resource areas. Public mines would be a great thing for the game. It would provide players with the ability to close areas for 4-8 hours to let it regenerate if they are using regen bombs to speed up the process. I would have already set one up for diamonds if it wasn’t for the fact that there are a ton of people with single plot beacons in the way everywhere.

1 Like

Unfortunately that was not a developer but I recall it being one of the forum admins. Not the same people.

2 Likes

That was a discussion you guys had in Discord I believe, and a Wonderstruck member posted in the forums if I recall. I don’t really use Discord so am not sure. Id hunt it down but don’t know where to begin. I’m pretty sure Steggs was the poster here but I’m probably wrong.

Understood thanks, well guess I’ll just remain disheartened.

Off-topic but don’t be discouraged. We cannot know what the titans will do at this point. They might pick up the suggestion.

2 Likes

sigh… this topic makes me second guess making public mines.

We had public mines in early access. And they worked out fine for everybody. Hopefully it will be the same here

Don’t be disheartened. it was @Stretchious that originally posted it. There are a lot of communities that come up with good ideas, but there hasn’t been a lot of back and forth about new ideas here on the forums. They tend to get buried in other posts, unfortunately. I would love to see more back and forth threads with constructive ideas.

3 Likes

These guys have a lot on their plates. I’m stoked they have tackled the ps4 problems so feverishly. They’ve got a great game with solid bones. If they can continue to fix systems and add content each month like they did with the ps4 crashes then there’s a lot to be hopeful for.

Ok thanks for the clarification. It’d be neat if we could have a new subforum added where we could ping/tag a comment like a great idea and it would automatically be added as a new topic thread so that discussion could have its own organic path.

I had a bunch of them on Andooweem. Definitely worked out for a lot of people. Once the area got too broken, I just closed them for 10 hours while I was at work. That was before regen bombs though.

1 Like

regen bombs don’t regen gems do they?