Playstation 4 With Purchase or Seperate?

Hopefully this is the right place to post this! Just curious if anyone knows, will I get the game on both PC and PS4 if I buy one of the packs? Or is this just for the PC and I’ll have to buy it on PS4 later? Hopefully someone here knows, Thanks!!

3 Likes

As far as I know the pc and ps4 versions will be sold seperately ^^

Really? i think they said that it was a shared account. @james @ben

The PC and PS4 versions are sold separately.

However, you can share your account between both platforms.

3 Likes

So… if you want to play both on pc and ps4 you have to buy the game twice, but you can share your account between both? isnt it weird having to buy it twice?

I’m not sure it’s different to most games that are available on both console and PC. (I’m sure there will be exceptions.)

3 Likes

Portal is an exception. I bought it for PS3 and got the steam key with it.

1 Like

Yep - Portal was the one I was aware of.

1 Like

But… Wouldnt that mean that if you want it both on ps4 and PC you would get two accounts? What about something like a 50% discount for the other version if you already have one? as long as it gets connected to the same account?. I dunno.

I think if that were a possibility it’s wide open to abuse … you’d just get people selling on their PS4 version and effectively getting the game for free (depending on what tier you went for!). Unless both the PC and PS4 version were serial keyed to the account, but that would be a massive undertaking!

You can share your account between both PC and PS4 versions of the game (as you can already do between Windows, OSX, and the forums).

1 Like

I don’t own a PS4 so I don’t know how it works, but on XBONE you can enter a redemption key and download a game. Perhaps one way to make it work would be to have the player register their PS4 or steam key to their account which would then offer an unlock key for the the other system bound to that account.

Buy PS4 disk- register your account- get steam key.
Buy steam dl- register your account- get PS4 key.

I may buy a PS4 just to have b< on console too.

This is pretty standard practice with most games. Games that are free to install/download are usually subscription or very heavily focused on micro transactions. Personally I’m not a fan of it, but I can understand why this is. Ultimately it’s a question of devs deciding if you are paying for your account, or the software.

FFXIV is the same way. You share the account, but you have to buy the game on ps4 and pc if you want to play on both.

2 Likes

Will there be cross-play?

Yup!
10chars

1 Like