Please add busted planets

I would like to see busted planets added in the future. Planets that are basically worthless or ridiculously dangerous until the community terraforms them. Could be a planet whose atmosphere is so toxic only ridiculous amounts of resistance make it breathable, a planet with no visible land, or a planet with creatures so deadly they make it uninhabitable.

But players could build Atmospheric Purifiers or similar “Terraforming Nodes” that will gradually turn the planet into something wonderful. These purifiers may run on spark to produce Terraforming Points (TP). And once a few million TP have been accumulated to address a specific problem - some planets could have an unstable crust AND a toxic atmosphere/dangerous creatures - that problem goes away.

Or you could also have dull and boring planets that can be terraformed to produce gems or other natural resourcs.

Would make for some awesome community events. Thoughts?

14 Likes

i am for a spreading block virus that transform the existing planets if not get stopped by players :3

2 Likes

i got cool sugestion a planet thats not there yet so people start floating in space there and startbuilding :smile:would be awesome spot for spacestations and flying inspired builds

1 Like

look at this ^

Guess why it isn’t in the game yet?

3 Likes

I like this idea for a community event. Maybe it doesn’t even need a whole new planet, it can start with a meteor full of foreign material crashing into an existing planet and spread from there. Knock out a few regions instead of a whole planet

Great idea :bulb:!

So some young players would come in part of dangerous planet with certains conditions!

I say Yes to this

Ever been to Alcyon? :sweat_smile: Neat idea!

I really like where you’re going here.

Maybe not detoxify the whole planet, but maybe some kind of atmospheric dome related to prestige. You hit 10k and the dome forms.

Even better, to represent the need to fight the atmosphere, limit prestige blocks to non-organic except trunk/lumber based and non-porus (no sand, soil or folliage.) Make all blocks worth 5 prestige, regardless of what it is…beauty doesn’t matter here, just survival.

Depending on how creative you wanted to get you could have small atmospheric generators that only work below the surface so the domes could be connected by a series of underground tunnels.

I love the idea of a place that is completely inhospitable outside but that anyone could visit the major settlements.

It would be so great to have this inhospitable world colonized but never fully tamed.

I really like this idea, have like “corrupted or unstable” planets that we terraform.

It would be cool if it was terraformed in stages.

Like stabilize with creating volcanic events to create atmosphere, getting comets to crash for water, or plant a number trees and plants to start oxygen cycle.

1 Like

I like this idea. Maybe have some planets that are not able to be plotted that are extremely high risk? The idea of keeping the plague at bay is a good one though!

A world where every placed block is from one of the other worlds. Even the soil has to be replaced with soil from other worlds before grass can be planted on it.

Oh man, that might be to much lol

How I would see a particularly nasty planet play out…

Phase 1: Survive.

1. The first settlers arrive. Establish base camps. Build shelters that protect from frequent acidic rain storms. Build basic air purifiers that can make a single plot of air breathable. Link to portal networks.

2. Fortify defenses. Build, power and upgrade turrets to fend off hazardous wildlife. Build city walls. Or just live underground… Some creatures can only be killed by turrets or very strong weapons. Most likely creatures will need to be kited to turrets for the takedown.

3. Begin extracting resources necessary for Phase 2.

Phase 2: Tame the planet.

1. Build advanced atmospheric purifiers to begin taming the entire planet’s atmosphere. I can see large purification towers springing up during this phase. Upgrade atmospheric purifiers with power coils. Work towards a collective goal of say 25,000,000 atmospheric points. At 25%, visibility increases. 50% the acid rain stops and the air is breathable with adequate protection. 75% the air is breathable with minimal protection. 100% no protection required, and new resources begin to appear.

2. Hunt. Each animal eliminated counts towards the goal of 1,000,000. Creatures will be come progressively less dangerous every 25%.

3. Begin construction of the Utopia Crystal in the planet’s capitol city out of compacted Utopia shards mined on the planet.

Phase 3: Utopia.

1. Finish building the Utopia Crystal.

2. Power up the Utopia Crystal.

3. ???

Of course the final product would probably not look like this exactly… if just one of these ideas gets used I’ll call it a win! This would make for a more interesting, community involved endgame than just dungeons alone.