Please explain forged hammers

I started forging, and I would like to know exactly what it is expected of a good hammer, and what is the difference between t6 and t7 hammers.

From what I saw, a t6 hammer should have Devastating Damage 8, this means that a Diamond hammer would have dmg>6000. Is this correct? I am asking because I have seen in shops t6 hammers with less than 6000 dmg.

Also, is the price 7000 fair? Because I have seen it from 6000 to 10000, with no difference in damage.

Also, is there a list with the different boons applied to tools (hammer/axe/shovel) and the increase in attributes? I would hate to waste tools and crafting materials to test for myself.

Thanks.

1 Like

Can only recommend this amazing site to calculate all the damages:
http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/dmg/

For T6 diamond you are correct that Devastating Damage 8 is required if you combine with the 3x3 (all) AoE. That is 5472 dmg which is slightly above the required 5400.
T7 is usually achievable via strength potions. For above hammer +30% would be enough. You could go down as much as Devastating Damage 5 for diamond with +50% strength potion.

Price depends mainly on the third boon as that makes forging hard. For a hammer with just 3x3 and dmg8 I would go to the lower end of your scale. Not selling those that often.
On the other hand a hammer with 3x3, dmg 8 and 3rd boon lvl 8 to 10 goes to the 10000 and above.

Tier in hammers means what planets they can one shot :slight_smile:

There are a lot of ways to get a hammer to one shot a rock on each planet.

Some people like to level up the damage so you wont need any str brew, I for example only lvl up the damage enough so you can drink a mega str brew to one hit rock, that makes it easier for me to max the speed!.

Edit. Prices on forge are difficult since not everyone follows the same process, and you may use more or less materials than others to get the same result

Thanks @Lorgar, that actually makes a lot of sense. So basically what I have forged is actually a T6 - T7 hammer with the third boom as durability. I don’t remember the level of the durability boom, but basically asking 7500 for it is not asking to much. Not having sold one for 1 week just means ppl didn’t find it :slight_smile:

@Cuetzpalomitl It would be a lot easier if people could actually ask exactly what they need and not have to wait and sell things and wonder if there is an issue with your item or with something else :slight_smile:

Selling forged items is quite easy once people find your place. Most people always go to the same forger every time until they cant find what they need there. So with time and if you show people in the forum where to find you Im sure you will start selling more :smiley:

1 Like

Those are decent forges. Just the defect on the first one will put people off. Durability boon is value / 200 btw. So lvl 8.
Second one is decent with dura 7. That should fetch you a good price. 7.5k is actually a very good offer. They also go for more if people know the shop

1 Like

Thanks guys, I think I will get more stocks in and do something like an announcement on the forum, and try it out. Will try to not get effects anymore on the forges.

1 Like

That is a good idea :+1:
The defect forges I am usually using myself when they are still good enough and if it is getting too bad then it is time for forge reset.

1 Like

Also what I do to not deal with all the possible combinations for boons on tools is to forge a bunch of tools that I like lol.

I always go for max speed on pretty much everything, I keep some for myself and sell the rest

2 Likes

This is a handy tool to bookmark along with the damage calculator:
https://boundless.mayumi.fi/forgeSimulator/

Allways good to have new forgers, Good luck to you :slight_smile:
Maybe have a look at this

1 Like

I think the issue I have with new forgers is simply finding them as the scanner doesn’t tell you the stats of what’s for sale. Im always buying hammers and tend to find a shop is either full to the brim or totally empty. Yesterday it took 5 shops to find one that had what I wanted

1 Like

What were you looking for? I’ve recently started making hookshot grapples because I saw someone ask for them on the forum. And they have been slowly selling. So if there something different you need maybe it’s something I have or can start stocking.

Damn i hate hookshots… i guess those makes sense for ps4 but on pc… :dash:

1 Like

I don’t use them either. But some people like them. :man_shrugging: Now I stock a few.

Am on PS4, hate them! Only my crafter has one, a titanium, first hookshot one I ever did, also the last!

(well and a few because people asked for them)

I use regular grapples for building but I use hookshots for everything else. Probably more than I use my feet

2 Likes

But to the subject.
Every tier of planet has different amount of hp on block.
Theres kinda 2 different approach to this as ive seen… theres people who call their hammer T6 (even though it breaks only rock on t6 ) then theres T6 that smashes everything.

Also you gotta know wich skills you get to achive that dmg.
Its not t6 hammer to a player with just dmg epic. Versus player who has 8/8 power 5/5 bonus attri . Hammer epic and dmg epic