Please help advise isolated Berlyn-Dweller!

Yep, it seems the information might work. But I’ve found around 200 iron at mountains around 80 - 100.

The information does work. What I’m finding may be out of luck, or it works in a general sense too.

How does one find out your altitude? It’s not clear to me from the debug coordinates–I assume the first two numbers on Camera POS are X and Y but is that accurate?

The numbers in camera pos are xxx, yyy, zzz.

Y being the altitude.

Personally I check my altitude using the in-game menu. I pop it open with ‘E’ then hit the tab for ‘Location’ and under current location it tells me at what height I’m currently standing. When I’m checking to see if I am at a good spot to start tunneling horizontally, that’s how I do it.

It’s easier for me at least.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m new to the game and am also on Berlyn. I have not seen anyone and about 30 hours in. Iron what is that! I found Copper, Silver and even a little Gold. I’m using workbenches as storage because I can’t make nails. I still can’t figure how to make glass lol. Trying to figure it out on my own it’s part of the fun. But it’s lonely on my side of the world I want to move but don’t know how? Are you starting a town and are looking for lost souls? lol I do love this game and I see great things to come. QueenNuts lost in Berlyn

2 Likes

@QUEENNUTS
I am attempting to start a town in Andoweem if you want to join me. I am still constructing at the moment. See this…

If you can find your way to Andoweem you are welcome to join me and start building your home there. I have a Plinth by @Jeffrotheswell Andoweem gateway, you can use the location token from the Plinith to port from Sanctum. Don’t feel bad if you can’t make it because of the server lag you might experience because its an Australian server.

The other place you can try is also Elop Portus, its @Jeffrotheswell city he is starting at Elopor. If you can get to his gateways on one of the planets it will take you right there.

2 Likes

There is currently a lot of discussion about iron, will likely get fixed in a soon to be update, but it’s a topic that’s been dragged on and on, and the dead horse don’t get no deader.

As for glass, it takes compact silty soil and sand in a furnace, I believe 1 compact soil, 2 sand, gets you 2 glass.

1 Like

if you still want to have fun figuring out STOP READING STARTING NOW :joy:

[dramatic whisper] it’s sand and compressed silt put together in a furnace [/dramatic whisper]
well, at least it was before - I think there was a note in one of the updates that it has been changed, as it was quite expensive one and players were calling for an easier recipe

since I’ve been playing testing version for a while now, I haven’t had a chance to test it

do you know about http://boundlesscrafting.com or you deliberately ignore it for fun?

1 Like

@boundmore Thank you for the info. No I did not know, but now I do!:yum: Love this game…

2 Likes

@Xanotos Thank you, This is all so new and the mysteries to unfold, but I love this game.

1 Like

:oort_q::oort_u::oort_e::oort_e::oort_n::oort_n::oort_u::oort_t::oort_s:

that’s your in-game name written in Oortian alphabet :grin:
I like the Ice Age reference there :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@boundmore That’s so cool thanks for doing that for me, going to copy that! :grinning:

1 Like

How and where do you get the utility to convert?

Boundless Crafting - Lore

2 Likes

Thank you much!!!

1 Like

If you do decide to start another home at Andoweem at the town I am starting, do let me know. Just remember to bring a beacon, or at least a whole bunch of Silty Soil so I can make a beacon for you.

I use emoji from top menu when writing a post - second right tab in emoji screen has all the Oortian characters and they show what they are when you hover the cursor over them. It’s the quickest way.

1 Like

3 Likes

I’ll let you know. I’m still looking for Iron! can’t find it :weary:

@boundmore :oort_t::oort_h::oort_a::oort_n::oort_k::oort_s: This is cool.

2 Likes