Please Nerf This

I absolutly love forging its my fav thing in the game thus far and i do it daily.

Everyones different.

1 Like

Please nerf the nerfs
(And give us pants)

4 Likes

it’s not even cropped just right. he put a giant black box at the bottom. rofl

@Crete don’t post a picture only showing what you want to show, calling for a nerf, trying to get other people to side with you, and then don’t provide all the information. that’s superrrr shady.

don’t black out parts of the image. showing your rounds and stability isn’t going to show people your ingredients. your response of that would be sharing an exploit is bs.
better yet, make a video, share the exploit, then something will HAVE to be done about it, if it’s as OP as you claim.

3 Likes

I had so much fun playing around with it, and learning at the beginning. I was actually a bit disappointed to note that you never need the right side of the forge. may as well be this:

1 Like

why titanium?

I agree. Due to the OP’s lack of info, I flagged the thread for moderation. The subject is held in high contention already, and the post could have been put in the feedback thread.

4 Likes

Again, I sent the method, along with an offer of a video to the devs. So if something is to be done about it, they will handle it. I apologize for the shady pic, it was just meant to give just enough info and proof that there is a problem (not enough proof for some apparently) and not give away the exploit. but already at least 3 ppl have figured it out in the PM’s without the extra info, probably more that are busy forging their buns off trying to beat the hotfix. Guess that puts a clock on it

It’s what i had on me to make the pic…

I am the kind of person who needs hard proof of something if someone is asking for my support in something. I do not automatically assume something someone said is fact. If anyone tells me only part of the problem, Then I am going to assume the reason the rest of it is left out, is because that person is trying to push an agenda that may or may not become more obvious if more details were given.

If you honestly really believe this was an “Exploit” which I do not think it is. Then you should not post a topic about this. Exploits, Hacking, and vulnerabilities should be given to the devs/GM/Owner of the system only. then if after a month or so, if they have not fixed the problem or made no signs they are putting in the effort to do so, then you publicly release the Exploit, Hack, or Vulnerability with the details how to do it, to force the devs/GM’s/Owner’s hand into fixing the problem.

This here what you are talking about I do not think is an Exploit. It is just something you really disagree with, and may or may not be a little overpowered.

3 Likes

It’s really not an exploit. It’s a poorly designed catalyst that didn’t have sufficient testing time - no cheat loafs/give menu back in EA when the Forge was around as I guess you know. It does need balancing but I don’t think people using it are exploiting, they’re just working with the tools available. It wasn’t hard to figure out now you can get infinite anything on testing.

The ONLY way that should be ‘Nerf’d’ is if they Removed the RNG Element and let people make what they want, put what they want, and just have the effects be balanced.

Remove the RNG, or don’t change it. No third option.

Oh I know, and I’m stating that they are either going to change their stance on that, or not be able to nerf or change Forging.

1 Like

Then they need to educate themselves on what skill is.

RNG is NOT = Skill in any way.

3 Likes

The problem is, the RNG is to such a high level, and the deck is not large enough, for me to think this is a consideration to be done. You are still going to have bad RNG after bad RNG, as I am pretty sure there is no system for Bad luck protection.

There are other ways to add skill into it with out using RNG. this is an crude example, but the skill checks in Dead by daylight is one way to do it, even thou I don’t think that is the best way.

1 Like

You can add skill through repetition. Let the starting forger be able to craft level 1 tools. . after they make 50 tools they can craft level 2 tools after they craft 100 of these they can craft level 3 tools. etc. .

People tend to get better at tasks through repetition, bring that into the game.

2 Likes

I really think Vigour Catalyst needs a pass. Being able to turn any and all debuffs into a massively net positive effect in a single step is way out of line with the rest of the forge experience (which I agree needs some work).

Ah yes, the well known technique of honing your skills to control random events! :wink:

Because you are still limited by stability, I just don’t think this to be as big of a problem as it is made out to be. A lot of other things would need to be changed along side tampering with the vigor catalyst. That would result in the forge still having a similar usability level. The nerf by itself would create more problems then good, as most of us witnessed by the uproar in the other thread.

This game is in a somewhat critical state, where they do need to try make players happy and want to play the game, then trying to what may or may not be the more “correct” thing in what their original vision was for the game/system.

Also while it may seem over powered right now, maybe it wont be once T7 and T8 worlds come out, the tools we are making right now, could very well end up being trashy on the new worlds, and we would need to make blink/dark matter tools, that would be harder to forge in the forge, if they really don’t want people just ripping away at the terrain on a T8

1 Like

In Las Vegas they call using “skill” to control random events cheating.

In Boundless they want you to literally use skill points in order to exert some control over random events.

Just an observation. And probably off topic

4 Likes

From my playing around it seemed pretty easy to keep stability high too. I didn’t get too deep into it though so I’m curious how it limits the impact. Could you enlighten me please?