Please Nerf This

We can all agree this is messed up and should not be possible:

That’s at the end of a perfect 10/10/10 forge. Vigor Catalyst leaves me with that much vigor left. There is no RNG, I can do this every time.

Can we as a community come together and demand a nerf? Can we welcome and embrace the nerf? I heard dome good suggestions in the “Forge changes” thread.

-Adding more Boons to a Gum wont stop this though. Vigor Catalyst is the culprit here.
-Adding more items to the recipe won’t stop this, Vigor Catalyst needs removed, or nerfed.
-Capping max Vigor at the actual 1800 won’t stop this.
-Increasing Boon points needed per level won’t stop this.
-reducing Vigor gain per stack won’t stop this
-Changing 3x3 to a lvl 10 (or 5) Boon won’t stop this.

I sent this method to the devs, and they are looking into it. If you are a forger that’s been doing this, speak up! Call for a nerf! You know this isn’t right! Every time you use the forge to make this, there should be something in the back of your head saying, “This can’t last. It’s gonna get nerfed any day now.” So you’ll be ready for it.

Even if you don’t forge, you can agree that this needs a nerf. You may be thinking “When I get to forge, its going to be so fun!” It’s not. Once you figure it out, its just grind mats, make OP stuff. Rinse and repeat. There is no Joy. No Flavor. I am telling you, you have only repetition to look forward to. You can’t “do it better”… it’s already done the best it can be. You’ll make a perfect forge, and be so proud! I was! “Look everybody! I got a perfect!” and everyone is like, “Yup, me too… I have 5 of those, wanna buy one?”

So please. I beg you Boundless community. Embrace this nerf. Ask the devs, to please do something. Be reasonable when they do it. Maybe even thank them for their hard work.

(@ devs. I know you are working on this. And some of us here are grateful)

10 Likes

Thank you for posting this.

I still maintain that forging is a broken design that needs a full design pass to fix. Minor changes will not fix it. However a change to Vigor Cat is likely needed. So you can take bad things and turn them good? Honestly how’d that make it past the design phase?

If you’re set on us making defect holding items then you need to give us either defects that people will use or a way to recycle bad forges. Heck even something like turning them into spark.

How can you have pants on in your avatar and post something like this!?

Lol but you’re right. But I also think we’re too far into this. People are mass producing forged hammers and hoarding the good ones. Im sure some people have hundreds of perfect hammers in stock. A drastic change to the forge at this point just fattens their pockets because the price of a perfect hammer will likely go up.

The only solution i see to this is what I posted in the devlog thread. Changes to the forging process need to be left as it is on T6 and below and the changes need to be for T7+.

These AOE hammers should be 100% ineffective on T7+ and act like a regular hammer. Only gem tools can damage T7+ blocks. Yes gem prices will drop but that means regular gem tools will also increase in supply.

I would even say mix up the mining process a bit and require certain gem tools for certain planets. For example rift can only be damaged by ruby and diamond. Blink by emerald and amethyst or however they want to mix it up. Making every gem tool useful in some way, not just diamond and emerald because they do the most dmg.

I don’t want to play this game with any more significant nerfs. Yall can keep it. Glitches, sure, fix those. Make pants not nerfs.

3 Likes

Look at you with your entirely single gum forge that is still not better than a halfway forged 3x3

You can do this with a single gum, i dont see this being as op as you are saying still, you have extremely tiny amounts of control when you do this over anything other than how much boon points you can get into the tool

3 Likes

Hmmm, the current hammers not working on lvl7-8 planets. I like that.

Buuuuut, the fact remains, that it is still going to be too east to make Max Dmg/Max Crit/Max Whatever stuff. I think that needs to be addressed in the changes.

Eventually, those perfect Hammers that are hoarded, that don’t work on lvl7-8 will lose their value. Because everyone wants to go to lvl7-8 to get Blink. to have that tool that Blinks you forward 10 blocks. Or the signs made of darkmatter that are almost neon. or the Rift Tool that sends anything you break with it back to your storage.

Point being, if they nerf the ■■■■ outta the current forge cycle, then make the new stuff so cool that a 3x3 without the added Blink/Darkmatter/Rift effects isn’t even that useful anymore, I think it would fade into the past

That’s a fist @pofs … 2 gums

We demand pants, not nerfs.

Seriously though, how about those (me) who haven’t yet advanced enough to be able to forge perfect items?
We’d be massively disadvantaged compared to those who’ve been doing this for months.

3 Likes

Trait expansion and effect gum. You pulled from 1 boon pool

I am sorry man but its Effect and Ease…

Oh you right, silly me lol, looked quick.

My point still stands though you only have so much choice before you run out of stability.

Nerfing the ability to forge a perfect item though is just not a good idea. Why should we not be able to forge perfect items?

They should be hard to make, not impossible

2 Likes

it was this horribly OP monster

2 pools each with 2 outcomes

1 Like

In the interest of fairness. I’ll take this beast of your hands and dispose of it humanely.

Pants not nerfs.

2 Likes

You might want to be careful about askin for nerfs before you see what they do to change quirks and defects lol.

1 Like

Well effect has 3 boons acktually

trust me, not as OP as you’d like.
10 hunts in T6 and you’ll go crazy with elemental resistance ignoring your shots.
“that cuttle COULDA died in one shot, but it took 8” - will be your worst nightmare

1 Like

Again, i hear you man. But I can probably forge anything max. This was my target for that fist. Next is Speed/Dmg/Range Slingbow. I haven’t tried, but I’m sure I can do it. I won’t even hint at the method, but suffice to say, I’m not the only one using it :wink:

Yup, I tried it out and I hate it on Lvl6 Planet meteors… I think the Spd/Dmg/Range Slingbow might work, more hits in less time? does anyone know if rapid shot scales to weapon speed? Or is it just… one speed?

scales.
a non +durability slingbow will last your for around 6-7 meteors.
less if you’re a bad aim :wink:

Give me a super fast fist of fury any day.