Please Nerf This

What about ending with above starting vigor while also making the item?

Please dont nerf gold fist, I use them for fighting and they are already hard enough to kill with, beyond elemental resist and the fact that gold is the highest tier. It’s not like I can get a gem fist.

1 Like

I mean…vigour means little to nothing without stability man

Sounds like a broken mehanic if it’s never a factor.

NO!

When they nerf whatever you’re doing, they nerf plenty of other ways people forge to. I do not know how you do this but I don’t get this at the end of a forge, I always am short vigour and/or stabilisation in the end, rarely do I get boons to a nice 10, never achieved rank 400, why the heck do you want a nerf because YOU feel that what YOU achieve easily should not be possible?

I find it a frustrating mess as it is at times, not being able to get what I want on the darn tools, removing vigour catalyst would make me even less happy…

3 Likes

Oh, I guarantee I’m not the only one.

And… i want to feel a sense of accomplishment for a perfect item. Like a slot machine! Can you always get one, no. Should it be impossible. No. But when you do get that perfect item… it should be like winning the slots! Excitement abound!

right now, we forgers win every time… its hollow, and empty

As for the “But what about the disadvantage to those who don’t get into forging until after the nerf?” crowd. I think if they incorporate Blink/Darkmatter/Rift into forging in a cool and creative way, you won’t care about those old hammers… they’ll be worth less than you think.

“Hey wanna buy this 3x3 hammer?”

“Is it Blink-Forged?”

“Umm… No…”

“Then No, Blink forge me one and I’ll buy it”

when you can do that to the durability then it would need to be nerfed. vigor is expendable and used for every item in the forge. its expected to be able to regen your vigor if you couldnt nothing of REAL value would be made from it. not to mention the fact that if they did do what they were saying they were going to do i assure you that you would be very upset without having more places for ingredients.

No, friend. We do not all agree with you.

2 Likes

thats fine you dont have to.

and to sit here and say that you want forged gem hammers to be useless or not worth anything will never happen either. i swear some of the BS i see here is absolute garbage coming outta yalls mouths. why on any game would you want the second highest tier item to be worthless?

as i stated the other day. i do believe the forge needs a rework yes. but i do not think it needs to be a super hard nerf. especially not right now. maybe after the new tools come out it would be viable. but i honestly 100% believe they will lose a fair amount of player base if they do another hard nerf without some content being pushed out.

I already had a method in mind with the info I got from that post. It would be harder, and wouldnt happen every time… but there was going to be a way to get hammers even with the changes. Hell, maybe even cheaper hammers with the low material changes

2 Likes

I’ve never seen this before in my life. I’ve never actually been able to Forge a perfect item. Whatever causes THIS method should be looked at. But the Merln Method shown to others with Draining Boon and Vigour Catalyst is perfectly fine. It shouldn’t be impossible to Forge great gear. It already takes enough time to grind out all the necessary resources. That’s have to speak on the matter.

1 Like

I use forged gold fists in T6 everyday and I’d never buy one with such low durability.

Dunno why all the venom all of the sudden, but you are not understanding.

A gem hammer without a Blink-Forge wouldn’t be as desirable as a gem hammer with the Blink-Forge applied to it.

So worthless no. 2nd best has NEVER done well in this game. Right now, You wouldnt buy Titanium forged over Gem forged… Is titanium useless? nope. But ppl with coin will always buy the best

as i stated the other day. i do believe the forge needs a rework yes. but i do not think it needs to be a super hard nerf. especially not right now. maybe after the new tools come out it would be viable. but i honestly 100% believe they will lose a fair amount of player base if they do another hard nerf without some content being pushed out.

5 Likes

Actually, I have a friend that forges perfect hammers & he recently started forging titanium…they fly off the shelves. Some people can’t afford the perfect gem hammers & higher forged items right now. No coin.

3 Likes

Indeed, that would be the market in my “super hypothetical” world for these old forged items. I was just addressing the crowd that thinks we would be the only ones sitting on the biggest stockpile of 50,000c hammers, and they think its not fair that they got in on the racket… I think their value would fall greatly.

again… “hypothetical future blink-world”

This is completely made up you dont know for a fact theyll add anything more powerful

2 Likes

Forging is already an annoying timesink that is a requirement to enjoy current endgame gathering. It doesn’t need nerfed, it needs completely rebuilt from the ground up. Hopefully we don’t get a quick fix, and instead get a well thought out rework.

6 Likes

I feel like the nerf is already built in too, because you can’t forge a perfect item with all of the boons on one. You have to pick and choose just a few. I have to sacrifice speed so that I can have damage and durability + 3x3…etc

1 Like

It’s not nearly as easy as @crete is implying. This is all i could get out of my hammer because i only used baby drain compounds…

I believe i know what you’re up to, and I’d have to say - it’s OPAF.

I do however think the addition of pure quirk points to draining boon compounds could possibly eat enough stability by removing them that this wouldnt be as common. Or at least, you would get relatively similar results using many of the other setups i could be running (but I’m not, coz this is cheap and pretty much risk free.) Also, 2 of my last 3 spins didnt land any points so ignore the remaining stability…

Edit: the main reason I oppose a forge overhaul is the same reason many peoplle dont want a nerf - It’s very hard to get a great run. unless you use this 1 trick. Every other method gives RNG and hard to perfect tools - which is how it should be for all methods. If you’re struggling, you’re not doing it this way. And thats the imbalance

Edit2: yeah quick head math, I might even be able to get stability to go near 100 rounds if needed… will try a bit later and report. wouldnt be much more expensive either