Please read before voting on flagging

I dunno. Guess we’d have to re read the post about the forum changes that happened. Thought they said that it was updated and changed by the creators of the forum board and that things would work slightly different

1 Like

I believe there was an update that added more options.

There are several factors/settings that the system checks - it’s not as simple as “X flagged it, so it’s hidden”. It depends on the users’ level, past flags, and several other things. They check the flags and can choose to undo a flag, if it’s incorrect. If a flag remains, even if unpopular, it is probably correct. (Unless the entire thread has devolved into a dumpster fire - then it gets poofed into outer space)

3 Likes

you forgot stop flagging

Well everyone’s level got set to max when the forum was updated and that wasn’t their choice. That’s why some still have the ability to hide with one flag. Like myself.

Yes, the system would need time to gather/compile data from users’ actions, and adjust their abilities as time goes on.

Also from James comments on that post it made it seem like they didn’t choose how it works now. But could just be how I read it.

Here’s the link so you don’t have to look for the topic

I don’t see anywhere that he states it can’t be adjusted. Maybe I am over-looking it. Overall, the system seems to be working fine imo. They may not see any reason to adjust it at this time :woman_shrugging:

They can definitely change several settings, including sensitivity levels, if they desired to do so.

No he didn’t state it couldn’t be adjusted. But just the way he was talking seemed like the flagging system wasn’t his choice.

And the balancing I thought was something that would happen with the way people flagged over time as he also stated would change how the flags worked for the person. But as I’ve never used discourse for anything but boundless nor looked at it for myself(because imo there’s better ones out there and more customizable) I don’t know exactly what options they do and don’t have

Tho I do agree with you that it’s fine as it is.

I’d do it if it wouldn’t affect my flagging ability lol. I only flag things that need to be flagged and are cut and dry about that.

2 Likes

Ah, I see what you are saying. Yes, I believe he’s said a couple of times he’d be happy with no flagging (or something to that effect) at all lol. As a business that involves children, I think they realize you can’t have a free-for-all. They are responsible for all content, including what is on this forum.

2 Likes

Don’t abuse flags for jokes, since moderators have to review those to clear them out haha

1 Like

I’m confused now. Is flaging being abused, or is it just a joke? 'Cause I’m seeing a lot of the same people angry about “flag abuse” are the same to joke about flaging and getting flaged. If you’re literally asking to be flagged, or posting things with the intent or anticipation of being flaged, I’m gonna say maybe you’re not arguing in good faith and don’t need to have a say in this matter.

2 Likes

Who IS that? Lol

1 Like

Idk. lol

I saw this awhile back and this thread reminded me of it

image https://i.giphy.com/3oEduXZs5RBUe4b8Gc.gif

5 Likes

Lol I can’t get enough of this lil dude
So cute

3 Likes

I was only joking and did not flag him.

If I ever abuse the flags it will not be for jokes but to shut down other player’s opinions I do not like.

1 Like

That’s STILL wrong

3 Likes

it was sarcasm

1 Like