Please read before voting on flagging

I’m not sure that opening a poll following exactly the same topic as another that was just closed is in good taste…
(Edit: strike that. I didn’t check time stamps, lol)

Either way though, the flagging system is fine, imo. I very very rarely click a hidden post and don’t know immediately why it was flagged. It’s nearly always obvious. Maybe the people opposed to the flagging system need to consider the abrasiveness of their posts on a forum for a video game… just my thoughts.

9 Likes

Was opened 3 hours ago, attention to this post just got diverted back.

8 Likes

Oh I see. Ty

2 Likes

Friendly Dev reminder to keep this on topic to the original post please and not make it about the post that was locked :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

I think flag weighting needs to consider a users suspension history as well as trust levels. A person with a prior suspension shouldn’t be able to regain high enough trust level to be able to hide a post themselves. That’s akin to releasing an ex-con, handing them a gun and saying “now dont go holding up any more liquor stores!” :wink:

4 Likes

Can I get a flag please? Cause I miss the time when I was getting a lot of flag for nothing^^

2 Likes

Which country Flag would you Like ?? I can find them all on the internet! Haha

3 Likes

Ah ah ah well, I already have the USA flag but I haven’t my own country flag so, I’de like the Belgian flag please^^

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s not a problem but idk

Maybe it’s not. I dont have any more access to flag data than you do! But- I can see it as a potential oversight.

2 Likes

I saw a post flagged that had not one thing offensive about it. Obviously that person wasn’t liked by another person. So flagging don’t work in a over sensitive forum such as boundless…u can even get flagged for not being liked. But I guess the way around that is dont get involved in any post…only look at post your screen shot and exo planents. The rest is noise anyway.:v:

2 Likes

I could have sworn that the flag system wasn’t chosen by the Devs. Far as I know it’s the creators of this forum system. Every person that sets up the forums using the system gets the same flagging stuff. Just like the requirements to get the regular status.

I’m highly confident it can be disabled or have the parameters edited.

I wish I could review my flag trustworthiness scoreboard :<

1 Like

Dunno if it still exists but back in the day LoL had user moderation with stats

But the flagger was super trustworthy!!! lol

2 Likes

I believe they can adjust the sensitivity of the flagging system so that it requires more flags or flags from certain users.

1 Like

I agree with super and Ava

1 Like

I dunno. Guess we’d have to re read the post about the forum changes that happened. Thought they said that it was updated and changed by the creators of the forum board and that things would work slightly different

1 Like

I believe there was an update that added more options.

There are several factors/settings that the system checks - it’s not as simple as “X flagged it, so it’s hidden”. It depends on the users’ level, past flags, and several other things. They check the flags and can choose to undo a flag, if it’s incorrect. If a flag remains, even if unpopular, it is probably correct. (Unless the entire thread has devolved into a dumpster fire - then it gets poofed into outer space)

3 Likes