Please rearrange the AOE boons

why do all the other boons progression make sense?

ugh.
I can’t believe so few people agree with me.
this is the only goal I’ve had really since launch. I’ve spent almost all my time just getting ready to forge.

a tip for anyone that wants to forge:

DON’T DO EVERYTHING SOLO.
you’ll burn out like me.

I’m done.

2 Likes

But I do do it all solo. It is very rewarding. If everything were so easy I would get bored very quickly.

That’s just my opinion though.

I kind of wish sling bows had a boon that you didn’t want pushed too far as well.

How is it rewarding?
Do you sell the stuff you make or use it?

I dont sell anything really because i gather everything i need to make stuff to reduce costs. I canNOT afford a 15-30k tool every time i need something
And any time im looking to sell something i have excess of (like once i get a full smart stack of something that to me is a surplus) then i cant find any request baskets! And if I finally do, it has 0 coin in it. If it does have coin it is usually being bought for 1c.

I also gather everything myself, and no I haven’t sold any forged goods yet. Although I do tend to drop a grapple or bow or hammer on a new player if I see one. I also give lots away to some neighbors when I’m feeling generous.

I did in the beginning also sell my surplus resources to baskets, but the shopping around I found to be such a pain, I put a few items up in a shop stand now and then, but for the most part I’m just hoarding everything because I’m probably going to need it at some point.

It is rewarding to know I have accomplished something that I find to be an exceptional forge. By my own standards. Something that a lot of others can’t do for themselves yet. That is kind of the point of a reward though. It needs effort… not just a participation trophy.

Again. Just my opinion. I also see where you are coming from that it is such a grind to do it all yourself just to have a stack of hammers “ruined” by trying to get that list bit of damage when AOE 4 is so close to full. But that is the risk for the reward.

Edit: my bad, I forgot I have sold a few regen bombs here and there. Although I think the prices were far lower than most would charge. I’m not playing this game to make coin. I’m playing it to have fun. And I do.

That is why you use vigour catalyst and switch your special gum and effect gum when you need to. So you dnt put points into something you dnt want points in.

I agree with you. the path for this is retarded. how is tier 1 left and right and tier 2 just below? plain stupidity

2 Likes

I agree that the boon order doesn’t necessarily make sense, but I don’t like the idea of pumping more boon points into it. I vote just to remove the random aoe.

1 Like

yeah after some time thinking about it, maybe random is fine at the end, with level one starting at below adjacent.

It’s because the tier 2 is better because you can carve a tunnel. I would take the above/below over the left/right one any day.

remove 3x3 :smiley:

2 Likes

Nooooooo!!! I will have withdrawals!!! Arrrggghhhh!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Add a 12x12 :star_struck:

3 Likes

i would be happy if shovel skills were added to hammer skills over a 12x12 lol why is it with axe? when are you chopping a tree and get a patch of gravel or sand in the middle of the tree?

Let’s just add machines!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Depends on the situation, really.
For shovels, boon rank 1 is arguably better than rank 2 since dirt can be scraped off the surface and hitting 3 blocks is better than 2. At worst it has a strong use-case for early to mid-game.
For axes, ranks 1, 3 and 4 are only efficient on the biggest of trees in which case rank 2 is more desirable than 1 most times.

In no case is the random affect more desirable, regardless of damage output. Getting to 3x3 is great, blowing points for rank 5 random is only a use case for Deconstruction Resin

1 Like

This is exactly why the boon is set up the way it is. 3x3 buff is by far the best and most desirable boon in the game. It makes sense that it is also the one that takes the most skill to hit consistently. With more experience you will be able to hit AoE at the level you want almost every time, but unlike other boons it takes more thought than just shoveling in as many points as possible.