Please remove empty private message conversations from the ingame chat - It's really hard to find active ones

Please remove private message conversations from the ingame chat after they become empty. (After 30 days?)
It’s really hard to find active conversations when 90% of the displayed ones are empty and with ppl i haven’t seen in month.

It’s time for a clean up. :broom:

5 Likes

That’s why the list is so long lol Def need this

1 Like

Would you be able to provide some example screenshots for reference?

i havent used pm for longtime now notice bar on right i slides way down that list
it would be way better if they deletes themself after a while
our give us option to delete them

ive been messing around with guilds to make systems and such now its completly un doable all sorts off channels there
wish i could clean that up aswell
also i have multiple channels cuase diferent alts i own each have there chat channel in guild etc etc

would be cool if it be more like a forum where i can create channels myself we usually use guilds pure for permission systems you can subscribe to

oh so you know i completly stopped using all off this

1 Like

I never knew how messed up the mail system was until I had to start counting votes in our wall Art Contest. I had the mailbox plot assigned to my main character. I went to count votes and I had received ZERO messages. I knew something had to be wrong, because I had seen so many people in town, and I assumed they would be voting.

Then I realized they were voting, but I was not getting any notifications. One by one I went through the entire list of mostly empty mails, finding votes along the way. It took me almost 45 minutes and I ended up with about 30 messages, I had no idea I had even received.

I ended up replotting the plot on an alt account… (thankfully that was last week​:wink::crazy_face:) the alt account hasn’t received any messages so I can assume all messages will be votes.

The problems I see.

• No notifications

• No way to delete old mail

• No way to tab back from a mail to the list of types of messages. (I know I worded that weird🤪)

• No way to sort mail.

Perhaps unread messages could at least be bolder until read? Right now you may or may not even get a notification. Think of how many instances and arguments might be a result of misunderstanding because of missed messages.

3 Likes

thx for explaining i knew a soon as i saw your post with those mailboxes for voting you where very patient and brave person

1 Like

I hope you managed to sort out the votes lol :grimacing:

1 Like

I did! I went through each message and then switched the plots to an alt account who had zero messages. :blush: I will count all of those votes tomorrow morning. :blush:

I can certainly pass on your feedback @Kirinvar about the option to delete old messages.

Also, thanks for the screenshots @the-moebius, although I noticed one of the screenshots still has that issue of the text being too long.

1 Like