Please Request Your Testing Sovereign World Here

@Phearon, @SenshiroSan, @boundmore, @CoralSkye, @steve, @MrSgtPeppers, @kordaff, @truus, @Yunhangkit, @Loco-Is-Back, @econodog, @Bacon865, @Gerentt, @diannetea, @RogueOp, @TheDetroiter, @Danigon, @jessielynn93, @Sarenity, @FireAngelDth, @Creegle, @Naeah, @Spitcup, @Doogiekr.

Please see above post :boundless:

11 Likes

Yay! Can’t wait to try it out tonight

1 Like

Woohoo!!! Thank you @Leahlemoncakes!!! So excited to log on and test them out! =)

2 Likes

Thank You @Leahlemoncakes

1 Like

Yeeees!!! Going to try it now

1 Like

Additionally the worlds are split between EU and US. Some US based players will have gotten EU worlds. This is simply the way we have them setup for testing, and nothing to do with how they will be deployed Live.

Additionally 2, all the worlds are Coal and Metal worlds. Again this has nothing to do with the generation options that will be available on Live. It’s just easier for me to generate a collection of worlds using the same config. And I thought it might be nice to see a variety of coal and metal worlds, which don’t following the colour configs used on Lush worlds.

If you want to test something that would be helpful - really try messing around with permissions + citizens + guilds. Try giving permissions to a guild, then individually blocking some members, who are also friends, who do + don’t have beacons, etc. Can you block the guild director? What happens if you block a player, who then joins a guild who has permissions, etc. Just trying twisting the permission system to see if you can break it. This is the hardest part for us to test as it requires a messy universe to really push.

25 Likes

@james. Thank you for these details we appreciate the work provided well done :+1:

2 Likes

Me and another player tried testing some of the scenarios you listed, not all of them

I created a settlement with a guild:

• The other player didn’t have a beacon on my planet at any point
  • I had permissions for all players to visit and plot turned on, and they could stay on my planet
  • I turned this all player permission off after they joined the guild, and even though the guild had permissions to visit and plot, the player who was part of that guild got booted off the planet
  • I turned this all player permission back on and the player was able to come back to the planet
  • I blocked the player and they got booted off the planet, they were still part of the guild and I still had all player permission turned on
2 Likes

I also think it would be really cool if when choosing colors, you could choose to group the items by like biome/the way they are usually presented in the world. I.e. the foliage together with the type of wood it grows on, ice and glacier and star drops, sand and spine backs and oortian staffs, you get the idea.

I also agree it would be nice to have some kind of randomize option similar to how you can random generate a sim in sims.

And here I thought that you just looked at my death count via lava when you gave me my world. Rofl!! Just kidding. =)

2 Likes

This one yours? If so… ouch, sorry.

6 Likes

LoL! No! Mine is not THAT bad! =)

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, you can block the guild director and other guild members can still access the planet.

If you block a player, then they join a guild with permissions, they still can not access the world.

** Some additional notes from testing different scenarios:

• Not sure if it intended (I could not find it anywhere) but blacklisting a character does not apply to the characters alts, it is one character at a time.

• If a player inherits permissions via their guild for “can claim plots” (i.e. can claim is off for general public but permitted for the guild) then it appears they must also have at least builder permissions in the guild in order to claim a plot on the planet. If they don’t then they will be told they don’t have permission to claim plots on the planet even though the guild does.

• In order to add guild permissions to a planet one of the owners characters must be in the guild. If you add a guild and give them visit and claim permissions other guild members can claim as expected. If after the fact the owner removes their characters from the guild then the guild permission vanishes from the guild control and guild members can no longer claim plots but it does not remove plots claimed while the guild permissions were active.

7 Likes

I think it is good that block is character based. Account based could cause unexpected reclaim for households that share account.

Steam Subscriber Agreement

C. Your Account

When you complete Steam’s registration process, you create a Steam account (“Account”). Your Account may also include billing information you provide to Valve for the purchase of Subscriptions, Content and Services and any physical goods offered for purchase through Steam (“Hardware”). You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account except as otherwise specifically authorized by Valve. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your login and password and for the security of your computer system. Valve is not responsible for the use of your password and Account or for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your login name and password by you, or by any person to whom you may have intentionally or by negligence disclosed your login and/or password in violation of this confidentiality provision.

Steam frowns upon sharing accounts…

1 Like

Of course you could just make a different steam account and still log into the same boundless account. Don’t need two copies of the game if one is parent account on steam.

1 Like

I was more referencing PS4. But I understood that with PS it is possible have own Boundless accounts on same machine.

After some test section a friend joined me.
She joined the Guild and give her the rights as a director.
We therefore tested the system if once all the permissions were removed it could continue to claim and build.
The permissions of the world controller are:

-Citizens can visit but not claim.
-Guild: can visit and claim.

Once the permissions were removed, she was able to continue building and claim even without permissions.
I went to the world controller and took away permission from the Guild to claim and build but the beacon was still there and she can continue to build.

The only solution was to blacklist it and its build ended up in ash. Same issues as @Soju-VB mentioned

Also it will be useful if on the world controller blacklist tab the filter “Show Blocked List” are already checked on by default at the top

(Google Translate :sweat_smile: :joy: )

This is why I wanted a planet rebuild option. I could see this happening enough times or in ways that people don’t like the world that was generated for them. Seems worth the effort to allow a rebuild to keep customers happy.

2 Likes