Plot protection abuse

Also a new player, but I really feel the other way. The plot protection allowed me to claim off a nice area for myself, and backfill the missing plots as I earned them. If that wasn’t an option I’d likely have been crowded out and forced to move once I had enough plots to claim a new space entirely.

Is there some core reason why free (limited use) plots are bad? The devs essentially gave us something for free that would otherwise cost cash or time. Why complain about such a gift?

When I hit 10k I had to actually turn this on if I wanted it, so I believe it defaults to off now. The borders still appeared but didn’t prevent anyone else from plotting there.

2 Likes

its based on if a beacon is older then another, last patch notes stated it was disabled by default on new beacons but its still enabled by default on old ones. But, there are plenty of players that have been around that are seemingly unable to comprehend what the setting does.

Personally i saw the area i wanted to work with vs my available plot count so i pulled out my credit card and purchased the points i needed to buy the plots… If i really wanted to i could game the system with multiple alts in the same area to reserve what i need across multiple toons.

this honestly is no different then just donating to a minecraft server except over in minecraft you pay per vertical block instead of per chunk.

I wouldn’t refer to it as a chunk since there’s an actual meaning of chunk in this game being 2plotsx2plotsxN which is used for the Mesh limit.

Or just delete the roads that are not really needed

This is highly subjective though. Is any build really “needed”? How/who decides? Is the empty little house in the middle of town useful or needed? Is it a footfall trap? Is it in the way? Do builds have to serve a purpose?

4 Likes

Lol very subjective idea. But I guess it’s like malls the come and go…

Some do, some don’t :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah so perhaps go check out what you know who did… I could have sooooo plotted his land up this morning. But I didn’t. I’m not him. I’m not some paranoid troll. Just seen him over there at the locations :joy:. Little late to the party.

2 Likes

:point_up:Hrrrrrmmmm…?:thinking:

There are a lot of “you know whos” lately, and its awful confusing to keep up with who’s who, so might I suggest these sort of posts go as DM instead of public comment? It removes confusion and avoids CoC conflicts at the same time…

1 Like

what about some fuel type off cost iff you go over a certain amount off reserved zone to take some off the super easy to do away our a maximum off reserved spots per beacon add some more effort to using lots off reserving plots

I love the idea of different sized planets. I would love to have a small world that is only about 1-2k across. Makes me thing of the little prince.

2 Likes