Plot protection abuse

1 Like

@Stunner

10 chars

Can we get some stats on this? How many plots and how much space that actually covers - super interested

1 Like

Next update will no longer generate reservations for road plots.

If players continue to find ways to take advantage of the system then we’ll need to find solutions. The extreme options would be:

1. Remove the automatic beacon reservation system.
  2. Manually flag beacons doing this so that they lose their reservations.
11 Likes

actual plots? didnt count least couple thousand …plots that it is under the protection …tens of thousends maybe i dont dare to count its almost half the world

2 Likes

Oh damn, that’s nuts. Do we know if it’s planned to be built on or is it just trolling

i think the systems good only if everyone uses it like it should be used. but with people like this maybe limit the amount peoples beacons can reserve and maybe make a plotter just for setting what u want to reserve . maybe for every 1k plots u can only reserve 100 plots and u get to choose ur reserved area with new plotter…? just a thought

1 Like

Oooooor … you could update the algorithm to detect long plot noodles other then by density / 6 plots in surrounding area.
No quick and easy task, i know. But it could solve other abuses of the settlement system along the way.

The fix coming next patch “just” doubles the plot costs and doesn’t really solve the problem.

I would be sad to see it removed. Despite my initial concerns, i really think the current implemention works well when it’s applied to genuine settlements.
I see the problem more in distinguishing what accumulation of plots is a genuine settlement and what is not.

2 Likes

I can’t give one of my areas to @Ratchel because of the reservation system. I made a support topic about it a week or so ago with no help yet either. I’m not a fan of the system in the slightest

1 Like

Is that the fault of the reservation system or that we can’t transfer beacons between characters in a safe and easy way?

Let’s say … with a beacon token.

4 Likes

i got many ideas how u could distribute buffer.

1.new plotter to set protected area and u get only 10% of total plots to use for protected area
2.only ones to reach that city status get the two layer buffer and people that have the lower settlements only get a single buffer.
3.buffers only get added to plots that have higher prestige on that chunk not the beacons total prestige

just couple ideas

Well if the system wasn’t there it wouldn’t be a problem in the first place

To me it makes flaws in other systems just more obvious.
Beacon transfer was always a pain, even before.

Edit: I see this is leading nowhere, we should stop before we completely derail the actual topic.

4 Likes

Never had an issue with manually plotting a place and I took over two different areas that are about 1300 plots each. Among other smaller areas.

1 Like

Don’t forget it can be someone against the new system :slightly_smiling_face: I vote flagging

7 Likes

someone taking the rental world demand to an all other level?
Can this force new planets?

maybe silly remarks and questions idk

4 Likes

I agree with @the-moebius, if you could make a way for other players to flag a beacon by running up to it and pushing a button on its menu, then a dev can take a look at if specifically to see if its abuse.

I really like the protection barrier as it is today. @james

1 Like

Not really feasible as all that player would need to do is hide their beacon or lock it away from everyone else.

5 Likes

What if it was in the tab menu for PC, not sure what it would be for ps4. But you could stand in that plot’s “vertical column” and it could report the coords for x and y on the map?

Then a dev could see who was the owner of the beacon, and I am sure they have overrides or something to find the beacon. Whether it is the plot for the actual beacon or not, it would at least flag the connect plot area and the dev could find the beacon with their computer magic.

1 Like

Lol
10 char

2 Likes