Plots After Level 50

Is it not better to work hard for a bigger reward? Do we want a game rewarding us fast and serving satisfaction within a week or two?

I would rather see big things in game not being achievable too easy and too soon. And even though I prefer playing alone I respect and appreciate that the game tries to make people work hard for they reward as well as cooperate more.

At the end of the day do we want real multiplayer world or just a world with multiple isolated single player experiences.

4 Likes

Before the reset in plots it was only the people that were level 50 and more getting the 30 plots so it was not easy or soon. And now I believe, there is very little reward for being level 50 and advancing. I can agree that not one starting out should having 100 plots. You should have to earn them, but if I reach the highest level available in the game then I have worked hard and I have earned the right to be adequately rewarded if I choose to continue to advance.

I think this depends on the individuals goals but, If I choose to add a build that requires 200 plus plots to a town are I not being part of a multi-player world? If I want to have my build and contribute by adding roads and preserving the natural setting around the town, I am contributing to a multi-player world and these things require plots and can require a lot of plots. I find it ironic that when I voiced concerns about being able to preserve the area around a town such as maybe putting a town in the middle of some trees and wanting the trees to still be there, I was told to just use my plots. A tree can require 3-4 or maybe more plots depending ion the size and just preserving the base does not preserve the tree. There are plenty of examples of that around Krackendown. So if I want to do this I need plots, but I have some people (not necessarily you) telling me I have to many plots. Which one is it?

And to address your statement more directly, I do not care if there are people that want a solo experience or to cooperate on a build. It has no effect on how I want to play. But if the developers make it too much of a disadvantage to play solo or people feel they are not rewarded well for being level 50 then you will get people that will either not play or they will get together and move to private servers where they have the flexibility they want. So the possible outcome is what we have now. A lot of empty worlds with very few people because everyone is on private servers running a series of worlds that meet their needs.

I know that I currently would investigate the cost of a private world or worlds where other people could join me and not be limited in what they can build. It can still be challenging with mobs and such but for a group of builders, it will not be end of game when we reach level 50.

Again I have played over 430 hours since July, which averages to more than 4 hours per day. I do not think that I am being rewarded too soon and have not made any effort. My concern and the topic title clearly states plots after level 50. The developers made a decision based on feedback to increase the plots given early, increase how xp is earned and decrease the xp to level. If you think people are leveling too soon, then that is a different issue.

I am 600 hours in. Look at the builds I have been able to achieve and what they are in all the 12 planets that exist. Now put that in a 50 planet design. Would it even be noticed or run across?

There are not many big things. A big thing is Havok’s build in New Berlyn city. You will not have anything you see in the big cities because those won’t be achieved unless you are way over level 50 or have many people helping you. Do not look at the pixelgate and the other cities because those came from unlimited resources and plots. That doesn’t exist anymore.

Real multiplayer and isolated player experiences already exist together. IT is not a one or the other discussion we are trying to make. I have said nothing to stop multiplayer development yet many of the comments are discounting my isolated player needs.

2 Likes

If you’re going to scale up the number of planets to what will be available at release, I’d say you also need to scale up the number of active players to match as well… so in answer to your question, I’d have to say yes, definitely, it would!

No, they didn’t - they came from the first implementation of plots, which were by far, more limited than what we have now.

Resources were also not unlimited - they had a different distribution, sure - but people had to go out mining for them over the course of weeks to be able to achieve what you see there.

1 Like

Fair I had wrong information on the unlimited component. I am honestly not sure how cities will emerge in this game or what they look like. :slight_smile: Until we have larger numbers of players I am not sure how many things will play out. Low player counts certainly hurt us all in many game play dynamics and how things will truly be.

All I know for me is the “big empty cities” don’t cause as bad a game play experience in this game as the plot issues I’ve been faced with as I try to build.

Rest assured that the current plot allocations are not set in stone. The devs are generally very responsive to feedback given, which is part of the reason they were changed in the latest update. Several people have voiced concerns regarding their lack of plots and building desires, so it’ll definitely be looked at again.

This sounds like a very promising solution to me - it would fit nicely into a builders skill category in my opinion.

3 Likes

i tested alot of things before making my village and there are some rules into citybuilding to not get it abandoned boundless wise
the new solum city will be final test so be sure to ask me anyquestions over citybuilding and recruiting :grin: im getting the hang off it gonna try make a good tutorial on it

Pixel Gate is a prime example of what and how cities would be like early game (Dragons Watch is a good example too)… both were built back when 100-150 plots was roughly the max plots one could get unless you went to extreme lengths or got lucky and got the “double reward” bug once you lvled mining to 50

im not really sure what the issue is here… just getting to 50 is 300 + plots AND they are infinitely attainable now… a lot can be done with just 100 plots… I guess im confused as to why ppl want to build massive cities with plots from just 1-3 characters… imagine real life… only where everyone’s home was the size of 4 football stadiums! O.o cities are supposed to be communities of many players… not just 4 player homes that happened to bumped into each other lol

I guess something that might put this into better perspective… Eventually guilds will be implemented which will be able to earn its own plots… So the truly massive community builds would be better handled through use of Guild plots rather than individuals

Just my 2 cents

3 Likes

hey the best system is building parts off the city de facades and let people build the homes behind it
also for example my shopping mall will be given to players shop per shop these are all plots coming back to you after building it

for the abandoned part i have a system so when people dont finish or abandon builds µ-
i close em off and put portal in place so the center off city always active no matter what also people dont want to walk a hole street so a convenient shortcut portal system is ideal to get peoples homes always close to center off village

tip1 dont use city for big builds keep rooms small in width
to maximize residents they can always link the room by portal to the great builds in the wild

tip2 link up the other villages to your center
tip3 always have small hubs around and extra unused rooms close to center you always need that in the end for stuff you forgot
gonna try post tutorial soon about village/city building

i hope @willcrutchley my oficial spellchecker will help get the post readable lolz and somewhat professional

corection big builds can be build with a extra road or connection a certain distance from main housing streets

3 Likes

Cool Planning ideas there @the-moebius ^^ and will only get better when signs can be used to better label the portals XD

lol also i guess they could be handy for giving eviction warnings for when something goes inactive… not so much for the inactive person but for anyone that has come to rely on a particular portal

signs i need urgent for plaza and all the portals on it
also i try to get fun stuff in the village ( AQUATOPiA (log due street work finished) more homes for free :))like a maze and we have a airship
but these portals need explaining if not people ignore the builds
or just dont know and on forum you reach only a fourth off comunity

its possible using beacon name as sign for now but not very practical

and thanks for the thumbs up :grin:

1 Like

I think it is not that they want to build a massive city necessarily solo, but want to build roads, possibly protect some natural features and then include a build that might be 200 plots in a community. In a few of the towns the roads themselves can use up a good number of plots 50-60, then to protect a few trees maybe 30 and the build 200 for 290 pots. If they want to work or add to another community then they really cannot make that kind of contribution again without working pretty hard and grinding to get the plots.

Maybe that is what the developers want. Any significant build of 500 plots has to be built by a group/guild/community. unless someone wants to grind out another 36,000,000 xp after reaching level 50 (320 for level 50 + 180xp {18 x 200,000xp}). And if they want to do another build of 200 plots after that they can grind out 40,000,000xp. The developers might be using this as a way to foster communities and if some one wants to do it solo they do have options. They can grind out the xp or go to paid server.

1 Like

if you want info on my new village in the post(AQUATOPiA (log due street work finished) more homes for free :)) is a picture off the beacon i got a street owned by @OmniUno so you can see what can be build with x amount off plots

a solution for your problem can be a nature protection border no building but nature cant be hurt but this would be like more guild thing i gues if it exist

Sorry :joy: I can only edit titles

2 Likes

@Jiivita I certainly love the house you have and your videos but I am not aware of what other builds you did beyond the one in Pixelgate for your portal. Your videos helped me a lot and I respect your view. But, honestly I have no idea how you could say that you don’t know what the issue is when I have been pretty darn clear in my examples and the need I see. Even more importantly the experience I am having.

It gets pretty frustrating when you try to explain something but I keep getting responses that people don’t understand. It’s like they don’t take much time to actually put themselves in your situation especially when they have spent more money for plot bonuses or been here for grandfathered plots or were already 50 (or close) and earning 20, 30, 40 plots a level.

Let’s me be clear in another way… A basic users starting around the time I did that did not pay for plot bonuses – @reapa11 was level 42 before patch and had about 480 plots.

Before the patch I was 28 and had about 130-60ish. I am now level 40 and have 254 plots (230 in use). In the recent patch I went from level 28 to 38 and received the plots you get from that. I have a 47 plot build in Therka for moebius’ plaza. Across the other planets I have a couple small shops, a few plot reservations to help people, and a few plots to help run a community portal hub. In Berlyn the community I am building has 131 plots – a couple for a workshop/house, and tons allocated to the rest roads, courtyard, preserving trees and landscape, etc.

Eden is not big so I have no idea how people keep thinking it is a big build and something I shouldn’t be able to support or do in this game? That I am not allowed to found my own community just because PixelGate, Therka, and other cities are ghost towns. Or that landscape isn’t an issue and just let it get destroyed by people cause you don’t need a nice area around your house/town…

I have no idea how anyone who actually comes and sees what I am trying to do be against fixing the ratio I get for leveling. Because when I talk about the other core builders that are trying to bring simple beauty and nice experinces to the game and started somewhat recently, they completely agree that 100 plots or 320 at 50 isn’t right. It doesn’t matter what you get forever… it is what you have now when you spend the first couple hundred hours on the game.

So either I stop helping the community, give up trying to protect some of the landscape in Eden, remove a Therka build for the community or continue to try to get you all and developers to remember that there were those of us that started this game recently and the plot count we get and now continue to get is low and now what you experienced. We had no benefit of 20 plot bonuses that are grandfathered in, etc.

I get people feel differently and I do respect their views but I don’t see many of them starting a character from scratch and trying to play in the same game experience as I am having. I guess I just shouldn’t have said anything because even if something is done I will never get all those free 20,30,40 plots you all got… and who knows if I even want to play the game at 1.0 after some of the experiences and lack of understanding the “builder” concerns by the community.

1 Like

For crying out loud somebody give the man some plots!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Lol… I just visited Andooweem with repall and 14 because we opened a portal there from the fire caverns hub… I will just take the whole planet… Thanks cook for the plots. wink!

1 Like

Seriously though @Xaldafax if I just started and found out that a bunch of players had more plots than I can even get (through normal means) I would be very frustrated. My favorite thing to do is build. And when I finish building I wanna build some more. Plots are the only way to do that so that’s what I want most is more plots.

1 Like

What if there was a way to extend ones plot vertical up or down without costing more plots since the plots above and below are reserved anyway. I would still want the default plot to be 8x8x8 so that way the world can still regen if that is desired by the owner but if someone just wants to protect a tree or build up or down they could remove the “reserved” tag of the plot to remove the ability for regen but not cost more of your valuable plots. Maybe make a second set of plot tools that will add or remove “reserved” plots.

4 Likes

/blush now I feel a bit bad hehe

To be clear, it was not my intent to belittle your (or anyone’s) issue/complaint (though that was probably how it was received) i certainly can see your frustration here. I imagine that i have a rather odd prospective compared to most players. Due to life circumstances i’ve been unable to play very much for the last 4 months and what time i do get is usually focused on making videos. This keeps me quite focused on Boundless’s future, and on that same token im heavily influenced by the “good ol’ days” of when i first started playing Boundless and making videos. Since that was where the majority of my 1000+ hours play time was spent. Back then the only way to get 300 plots was through a bug that would sometimes repeat all the previous rewards granted by a skill when it reached 50. This forced players… or at least it did me… to be very choosy and conservative on plot use. 10-20 plots was a large build back then O.o… and roads would basically eat up all of a players plots!

here’s a pic from Dragons Watch taken a short bit b4 portals where added to the game for reference

so i guess the purpose of dragging out the history books =P is that when i say: “i don’t understand” it’s more in reference to my own disconnect to the “present” game since i still have the old plot-conserving-mentality coupled with a future focused outlook (where guilds will take over the large projects and roads when they are added)

however the past is the past… Boundless is drastically different now… not to mention the future does little to alleviate problems now…

you are certainly right that the “moldy” players have many more plots at their disposal. =P i guess it’s a bit poetic that i have roughly 1 plot for every hr spent in the game so far (mostly due to the above mentioned bug and Wayfarer bonus)

I have only 3 builds in the game… my lake house, the temple in Pixel Gate, and a fairly large and very unfinished graveyard in Elop Portas… Thankfully the later is tucked away in the woods so as not to be an eye sore o.o… since i don’t have time to work on it.

So if it helps, i could donate some plots to preserve the nature around some of your builds (or anywhere you see fit really) to free up some of your plots for other projects. Not the ideal solution, i know, but better than nothing/waiting?

2 Likes