Plots give unfair advantage

US: As an user I want amount of plots attached to beacon to not affect beacon prestige.

Built ratio is responsible for increasing beacon prestige. Let’s say you fill 4x4x4 beacon with blocks of the same type. Let’s say you hypothetically have 30% built ratio and equal amount off refined blocks placed. In this situation the more blocks you place the lower built ratio bonus is. It decreases the more blocks are placed. You can increase this built ratio bonus just by adding more plots to the beacon. This shouldn’t be a thing.

AC:

• Adding more plots should not increase beacon “built bonus”.
  • Placing more blocks should not reduce beacon built ratio (?)

I have never tried to figure out how the built ratio works, but if it works the way you describe, it’s pretty counter intuitive.

How exactly does it work ?
Is 30% bonus the maximum ?

The ratio of what to what is its actually ?

After reading through this topic:

I had the impression that it’s working the other way around.

What now? :yum:

1 Like

I was told there would be no math.

5 Likes

Well ladies & gentlenerds lets get pen and paper and start the tests :face_with_monocle:

I’ll try some combination tomorrow with a single isolated plot and different blocks types. Too late for today.

1 Like

I do know my prestige drops whenever I add plots

1 Like

Did some simple tests. Not very elaborate but its a beginning.

The basic setup:
single Plot, completely cleared.

clearPlot

I then started adding brick blocks and writing down the ratios:

build_ratio

A few Interesting things there:

In the beginning it seems like 1 block is 1%;
The first diminishing return is at 42 blocks. Which suggests one block != 1% but the result of a round up.
At 60 Blocks the real diminishing returns start,loosing bonus at nearly every added block.
I suppose this is to counter prestige pumping by just dumping 512 high value blocks in a plot.

I added plots a the high point (59 Blocks) to see how the formula reacts.
And it seems the logical continuation of the single-plot-set.

So more plots is only more Build ratio prestige bonus, if you fill the plots with more then 59 blocks.

Edit:
Found a little quirk at 60/61 blocks where the math doesn’t add up right anymore:
F-in-math

2 Likes

Isn’t that just rounding error?

I like this test; I almost want to do it myself. Rather than just the build ratio, it looks like your variation has gone down as well thereby adjusting the Total Bonus. If you redo this, I suggest watching your exotic ratio and variation (as well as total) to see how those are affected; probably give you a nice bell curve.

1 Like

Yeah probably.

Well just do the test post you results here. Maybe a third person will do the chiseling ratio.
An a forth puts it all together to craft the perfectly balanced prestige plot.

1 Like