Poll : How hard should the highest tier worlds be?

Hmm, another way would be that the stats never get so high even on later worlds. So for example they begin with 25 damage and 100 hp as max on tier 1 and end at 50 damage and 200 hp on the max tier. All other differences would be faster movement and the skills and abilities you geht through better equipment. I would like to see such system cuz it would not overpower the people while making the progress through skills still feeling good.

… But we get a bit off topic here :wink:

actually this would be problematic.

the thing about it is, if you dont get better stats, then gear doesnt matter. if you only have slight changes in gear does that mean i can use tier 1 gear on a tier 5 world? why would i ever bother getting mats then? who would ever buy crafted items if there was no difference still.

no, there should be a difference. its part of MMO progression.

also its not off topic, because you cant talk about how hard something should be without defining what hard actually is.

i do see what you mean however. and it worth a thought, but im looking at gw2 stats here, a warrior have 28 hp in level 1 and 9,212 at level 80. its a way to feel like you level up, you get stronger, more powerful, more stats, more damage.

1 Like

Yeah, but I feeling like wow would be the wrong way in the matter of going to lower worlds. I liked the way of GW2, even if that attempt was to soft in my eyes (higher characters were up to 400% as strong as lower ones even when scaled down). … Hope that Oort will be more fair (in both ways)

i dont think you should deny peoples progress, which is basically what downscaling is you know? ‘‘oh you have used 100 hours on becoming this strong, however you are suddenly insanely weak when in low level areas, so screw you, trolololo’’

i liked gw2 downscaling, and i think it should be there, however people also have to accept that a high level should be stronger than a low level, even on a low level world, not pubstomp level, but still. stronger. if not then what is the point of leveling? which is why i think we should just have stat caps, so you have the stats you can reach for having the best gear on that tier as the cap, and high level players stats would be reduced to that, still making them stronger, but again not overly strong.

its a very fine balance, and i also agree its really boring if you can go to a tier 1 world and instakill everything, however i would also personally find it annoying if when i went to a tier 1 world i was only as strong as the people there, even though i had full mastery with my gear types.

1 Like

Yep, like double as strong as the lower players (with the best equip of their tier) for example. Being stronger, but no god among mortals.

i think its more like, if we imagine that ‘‘best gear’’ can be specialized in int, dex, str, so on, and that if you have 70 strength, you are only going to have 30 int, but on the other hand if you have 70 int you are only going to have 30 str (limiation on how many stats can be on 1 piece of gear) so basically a high level would have 70 strength and 70 int.

but again, that highly ties into how they make progression, stats and so on.

1 Like

May i add a form of “Ultra-Hardcore” mode ? Not only extremely hard enemies but also defiant puzzels or Jobs to solve.

how… would you implement puzzles to an entire world? it sounds like a cool idea, just cant imagine it. or jobs for that sake. to the world itself.

1 Like

maybe only to “dungeons” or titan-Events.

e.g. lets assume that we have a boss that is on a ice world. to kill him you need to coordinate your team to get fire lit and carried to the boss to make him vulnerable. It’s a bit like GuildWars2 Fraktals of the Mist but i would like to see a “hard” / “difficult” challange that can not be solved by only one or 2 player and that is not always the same (something random the player has to solve just in time).

But thats just mechanics on bosses, not really puzzles in that sense? also i dont think that every boss is going to be different or unique, not sure though.

i would like the ai in mobs not to be predictable you know attack patterns i think i would like it so its random and they attack different ways everytime you fight them

3 Likes

Friendly reminder that simpler is better

2 Likes

yeah but c’mon its more intense with random rather than the same oh he will hit 3 times with a sword, then use a special. that is boring

i would personally prefer random so you don’t know what you are fighting this is one thing the the evil within done good compared to almost any other game

1 Like

When thinking about AI and more difficult encounters there could also be groups of enemies instead of single ones. The groups don’t have to be large, but made of different enemies like…

• a ranged foe and a healer, so you would have to kill the healer first if you want to kill them quick
  • a melee charger and one who snares you
  • or a supporter between some low minions

They don’t have to be real complex, but having 2 or 3 skills each for those could be real challenging and also very versatile if you mix those kinds of foes in small random groups.

Also, there could be spots like small dungeons, caves or covens where more then just two or three hang around but you also may find a chest as a reward.

1 Like

ATM there are only 5 types of hostile monsters which do not count as Creatures

Protectors come in five classes: Brutes (1), Hurlers (2), Rawks (3), Oogres (4) and Titans.

Brutes use blunt clubs to smash and charge at opponents. Hurlers throw deadly ■■■■■ of fire, ice and earth. Oogres carve out and throw entire blocks and destroy players or landscapes with their gigantic fists. Rawks swoop fast, attack at speed and in packs.

The greatest Protectors of all are extremely rare and cannot be taken down alone: Titans.

Titans are the deadliest of The Protectors, standing watch over the rarest loot. Ten times bigger than you, Titans cannot be taken down alone.

Some worlds are home to a Titan, sworn to defend an ancient Oort Temple containing the rarest resources and items, but they’re not easy to find. Grab some friends, divide across the world and search for Oort Temples.

Titans are incredibly aggressive and territorial. Once you’ve located an Oort Temple the fight begins. Don’t expect it to be an easy task, taking down a Titan requires strategy, time, planning and serious guts.

Taken directly from the website

1 Like

ha you can’t even say ball s

2 Likes

Yeah, and such examples are quite nice because of their different aproaches to attack the player. Would be cool to have those also in groups and some more with other specializations. I think something like a supporter (buffer or crowd controller) or a healer (at least one with a “heal other” next to it’s attacks) would quite complete the spectrum of strategy roles for foes. … A minion master would be cool as well (like a breeding protector mother), but that would be not really important and could also be handled by a type of titan :wink:

Also, in matters of the question “More different enemies or more special ones?” it could also be done with subspecies. For example there could be not only one Brute and also not many totaly different brute-like foes, but several brutes (with different skins) that share the 2 or 3 main brute skills and abillities and have one extra skill or abillity each from their subspecies. On this way it would be not to complex to develop the different creatures but stay versatile :wink:

PS: But what if we want ball s to play socker?! ^^

1 Like

I’d love to see frontlines of the oort worlds be something VERY hectic and challenging that’s just me though. As dumb as this may sound it would be great if those worlds contained content that was both difficult for groups but also possible to be done alone even if it was pretty much a suicide mission. nothing beats the feeling of doing something people would usually call impossible.

Given that you worded it ‘‘front line’’ i would imagine you too have watched SAO xD

That as well as from what i’ve been reading, in this post anyway, is that people would like worlds to have a tiered difficulty and seeing as how the devs plan on making it an MMO the game would need to grow with its players or it would become very dull. the highest tier worlds could be considered front lines since it would be the focus of most of the combat/building.