Poll: If Rentable Planets came out tomorrow

Paid planet/server options:
1.Public or Private (no one is allowed in without pswd or invite)
A. Players on said planet can be given perms: place items 0/1, place beacons/plots 0/1, remove item 0/1, etc.
B. If the person renting the planet doesn’t want someone there, they should be allowed to block/blacklist that person/account from entering their planet/server.

Edit…I guess the way Guilds dole out perms right now is by whitelisting someone. If I rent a planet, I’d like to be able to blacklist someone, if needed. They would not be able to access the server.

I wonder if they could make those permissions account specific rather than character specific, unlike beacons and guilds and such…

Because it would be kinda pointless to ‘blacklist’ problematic people on a per-character basis…

3 Likes

100% agree.

1 Like

LOL, no, not gonna happen, if it would all the people who do not want or can’t afford to rent a planet suddenly lose all their stuff? Nah…

Please no, people choosing to live/build on regular planets don’t want to worry about their own beacons running out either

1 Like

There’s also the people, like me, who aren’t even playing the game anymore until private worlds are released.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted that for Beacon permissions, too.

The downside, I hear, is some people legitimately share accounts. Blocking and Allowing would have to be done for everyone on an account or on named Alts.

I can’t think of a solution to this. You could have password protected “sub-accounts” and just Allow or Block that? But it’s not ideal.

As an addendum to my poll response, I’d also like to emphasize that I have CASH, IN MY HAND, RITE NAO, waiting to sign the lease on my new planet.

2 Likes

It is possible from conversations that the cost of the planet could be related to how many players can access the planet simultaneously (like the current limits), so if I can only afford a planet that allows say 20 players simultaneously, I will probably whitelist everything so I can make sure the people building and mining can always get to the planet. If this is not a constraint I might still whitelist who can mine and who can build. Does not mean I am going to make it difficult for players to do, but at least I am making a decision and know who is on the planet. I think this matters in the case where I might not be able to afford it anymore and want to make sure everyone that might be affected is told. It also makes it easier should a player exhibit bad behavior to figure out who it is.

I am not fond of the gleam club becoming a rented planet buy in. I think it will cost more than $5 per month for a rented planet and I also think the beacon fueling is probably enough.

Still WTB private servera.