POLL: Is boundless heading in the right direction?

You did read the quote from the developer that modified the recipes?
It is not implicit. Him thinking the recipes were boring does not imply anything about the economy.

we will have to just disagree because this is going no where.

I don’t mean to just wedge myself in here, but I think one point needs clearing up. The devs 100% know that ANY change big or small has some form of impact on the economy. No matter if its explicitly or implicitly stated or even at all.

1 Like

Everything having an impact true, but making these changes with the intent of changing the economy is a different issue. Adding furniture changes the economy, another item to sell. But they did not add them with the intent of adding an item to sell, they added them because players wanted props for their builds.

1 Like

that was happening already
no builder could provide all he/she wants without someones help or through buying, unless someone is building using basic materials that are easily craftable

so, my thinking is - yes, I agree with game encouraging cooperation and creating economy, but it was there already;
now the encouraging part of game turned into forcing to do things; some fun is gone for a semi-solo player like me; only solo players that are happy with very narrow profession in game (mud gatherer lol) will be ok; people like me, who want to try a few different things in game (hunting, mining, exploring, building) , got a big kick up the seat;

brick recipes were already complex and grindy - now they are ridiculous
wax for decorative wood is kinda ok for me, but recipes with more than 2 ingredients/steps could at least ask for smaller amounts of those ingredients

1 Like

I can mostly agree with that. But truthfully I’m not sure if there has ever been something added with its only function was to shift or change the economy.

I am pretty open minded about the changes and feel bomb mining was overkill and many resources were not being uses since you can skip the early stages and go straight to end gear if you have the skill and patience. I approve of patch 199’s content. Most of the patch was a good idea… if it was implemented months ago or during our pre-release stage.

No complaints here. Fact: the bomb change is the worst decision they could have made due to them giving us props for coming up with the method, gave us approval over the method and a silent thumbs up of its usage for months. To do this at this stage is absolute BS because I along with many others were given a ridiculous advantage over newer players whom cannot compete with the amount of money and resources gained. It was far too late to make this change. They already knew about peoples complains about bombs and the fact many low end resources were worthless months back. Why change it now after the major release and influx of new players? This is alienating no matter which side of the coin you look at it from.

Balancing the game is essential but changing entire systems that have been in place through 3 stages of development is NOT heading in the right direction. I have endlessly supported this game but I hope we don’t see any more “beta” type fixes before we see promised content like tier 4 weapons, titan bosses and instance like planet/dungeons.

Bottom line is I feel sorry for everyone who recently entered the game or will enter the game only to find it has become far more grindy and dominated by privileged players. Besides that nice content. Where are the titans?

Edit: Sorry bro, I’m not voting because of how torn I am. Great patch, bad implementation; vet here.

5 Likes

Footfall was added to generate coin and was not way back originally in the game. The addition of a tax to sales to act as a coin sink and prevent inflation. These are a few that I am aware of.

edit: not picking just pointing out that they do sometimes need to make changes that directly affect the economy.

1 Like

I had actually forgotten that footfall used to not be a thing in the game. And I appreciate you refreshing my memory :slight_smile: But I was looking at it more under the lines of items to be sold our traded ie decorations ECT. That no matter what it is their team of devs have to take a look and say to themselves how well this affect the economy and how drastic will the change be.

Love the new update! It’s one of the best updates so far and I’m back to Boundless because of it. Sorry, but I can’t see why you people would feel ‘meh’… Perhaps you could convince yourselves to just log in and actually try this all out instead of complaining so much…

I will agree with this. . if they are not looking at how everything affects the economy, they should be.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more :slight_smile: it was nice chatting!

How many of these topics do we need?

I’m 50/50.

Bomb mining gone=good
Recipe changes=bad

1 Like

lets do a poll. . how many topics do we need

1 -
20 -

kidding

3 Likes

Bombs are second in the list of why I am upset with the game. Top of the list is the more ■■■■ needed to make stuff. It was only done to make unused items like ash and mud useful. And I get why they did but it was the wrong way to make those things useful. First they need to make player placed blocks actually give a little more prestige. Ash can look really good in a build. Second they should have waited till they had some new block texture to add and used those with stuff they want to make useful. All they did with the change they made is make it more grindy to make stuff and slow down building even more.

1 Like

Agreed, some of the responses are downright embarrassing. In my opinion, bomb mining was clearly OP and needed to be brought in line with other farming methods.

1 Like

Problem is, it wasn’t brought in line, it was essentially removed

2 Likes

Yes, this is too polarizing.

Generalising. I’ve logged in and played it, plenty. It’s subjectively worse. That’s what this forum is partly here for - feedback. Be it negative or positive (and most people give both).

3 Likes

Anyone remember before bombs? The game was built with hammers. 99% of the complaints about the new changes is about bomb mining.

Sorry but it was way way to overpowered. The game is not designed to gain thousands of multiple resources in under an hour.

the community can’t on one hand cry about chiseling xp, or stacking blocks xp, and on the other hand not say anything about bomb mining.

Overall I like most of the changes. I like that they are trying to keep it balanced according to their designed parameters. We in general always will try to find ways to take advantage of xp or resources when we can. We’re humans. But we can’t get so upset when they realize the areas that need balance, and then do so.

1 Like

I already spend 12 hours a day mining. Why should I spend another 12 hours digging up soil just for a chance to get Wax ingediants, or go looking for plants to make Sackcloth and monsters and trees for Sap and Bones to make more advance tools?

All of that, just because the devs felt some items weren’t being used, and didn’t just remove the items or invent new objects for them instead.

1 Like