[Poll] Is the grind really that hard? (for builders)

The only reason I even have any bricks in my builds is they were cooked pre 199. What i’m about to start on takes WAY more than any of my friends cooked. :joy::gun:

This poll doesn’t capture the people who already left the game. The playerbase has decreased on steam and continues to, and every day I see more people express frustration on the forums here, and discord.

Of course the majority of the people left in the game aren’t going’to have a problem with it.

3 Likes

New building gods have arrived though. Give it some time.

2 Likes

pretty sure there’s tons of amazing stuff already everywhere

1 Like

I agree, but that person was saying that all of the good builders left. The game has only been officially released for a month or so, so the really good stuff is yet to come.

1 Like

The grind to make gleam lanterns is painful.

2 Likes

so what can i do? shall i ask Reuters or CNN if they would start the poll?

if those ppl are leaving the game and not even check by the forums once and then and let a note why they left the game then the game cannot improve.

and the playerbase have not decreased signifanctly on steam, at least not in a way that the 199 patch or something had so much impact as ppl say.

there is allways a player decrease in games over time, specially in games that make no advertising or anything like boundless.

https://steamcharts.com/app/324510#1m
also i saw tons of new players from ps4 sadly there is no statistic

2 Likes

We lost about 15-20% in the wake 199. The game stopped growing at that point, and began shrinking.

If you would like to see the playstation players. You can see the true total at this website.
http://boundless.ninja/

After watching the two side by side for a while. I have noticed that the total is about 2x steam chart almost all the time. So you can use steam charts historical data to infer the totals.

They have checked the forums, they have left notes, a lot of people have posted in the “What I dislike about Boundless” thread, some have written reviews and stopped playin’, there’s been numerous people who have done this.

A lot of twitch streamers played the game, and there were reviews on a few gaming websites. It wasn’t huge advertisin’, but there WAS advertisements.

Yeah and now we have a whole bunch of mostly empty T1 planets and still only 1 T5 Diamond Planet…

Loving the result of this poll. This game needs some tweaking, mainly in the ressource spawns and centraforge rng area - but as most seem to agree, not in the building-blocks area.

2 Likes

Again, the people who would disagree with this poll have already left the game.

Then they are not part of the shaping of this game going forward. :slight_smile:

I also genuinely believe that this game is not for people who wish to build with no limits, without a grind.

3 Likes

This game needs more players.

2 Likes

I feel like removing the grind would just make certain things worth less, in turn making it more grindy for the people who have their trade in selling building materials. I honestly think some of the flashy blocks are too easy to come by, if anything was to need adjusting I’d have to say the prestige ratios need some work.

It’s definitely best if you are working with other people. I am mainly a builder, but I also gather a little on the side and I contribute those gathering materials to my guild and they supply me with building materials.

1 Like

Personally, I am a fan of the recent changes to crafting decorative and brick blocks. As these blocks grant higher prestige for builds it makes sense to me that the blocks should have somewhat of a challenge to obtain.

If someone wants to build something it is very possible to create a large build with basic blocks that do not take long to obtain, later a builder can go back and replace basic blocks with higher prestige blocks if they wish.

With a AoE hammer on a tier 2 world it is very easy to gather about 1500 blocks in 29 minutes which can get you a good ways in a decent sized build.

My one gripe about builds is the abundance of gleam dumps but I guess that is a little off topic.

The issue I have with this poll, is that not all blocks or even good blocks are hard per say. However, many items one uses to prepare to make those items are insanely grindy. Coils are a pain to gather resources in a decent number. The tools to gather resources for coils at a rate not measured in weeks rely on the same materials. Gathering ash, clay or whatever is easy. Gathering the gems for power coils has become increasingly difficult. Heck, after experimenting and checking locations, I’m strongly suspecting that the reason that some people gather crazy amounts while others gather almost none doesn’t seem to be a matter of skill or willingness to put in more effort but that those gathering the large amounts basically mined out almost the entire planet and continue to do so since they have tools that make continuing to do so very easy. I’m starting to think we need more T5 and T6 planets in order to allow for more even access for those who want to put in the work.

2 Likes

Too much was nerfed. People left. Ones that got on here and voice their opinion they got so much negativity from others pushing for the nerfs, it is no wonder they just gave up and went away.

3 Likes

And this attitude, right here, is why they aren’t coming back.

I’m playing less (about 2 hours this week) still checking here to see if the devs have anything to say about the direction of the game, or any hope of improvement, but it looks less and less likely.

1 Like