Poll: Price for Decorative Plants/Fungus

This exactly. I just wish there was an easy way to pull this value data.

If i were a programmer I’m sure i could whip up some code to pull market value of the components, add it together, and give me a rough estimate on the base value of the plant. But, alas, i cannot code.

I wonder if @Mayumichi might be able to add this feature to BUTT? wink wink

Either way - i know i can do this valuation with an excel spreadsheet and some free time.

Thanks @Ratchel ! It’s good to know that some builders would still be willing to pay that premium. IDK if I’d go 100c on top of everything - but maybe build in a ~30% markup. I think 50% is pretty standard IRL for retail.

I mean I’d clearly sell less in volume - but i can always open my own small bean shop if i wanted to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Ocfos ! I am also in love with glowshrooms. I think that’s what got me hooked on plant harvesting to begin with.

I’m happy to do hand-trades - especially for custom requests. But doing hand-trades at scale would become cumbersome logistically. Scheduling etc…

I suppose i could set up some kind of custom order/retrieval “mail room” sort of space where custom orders could be placed and/or picked up.

3 Likes

These are heavenly to have! I’m sure I’ll have a order to place to for more grass seed for new dome expansion. This would make it very convenient.

1 Like

This is all great stuff but after this update… I assume we can paint our plants too… So the Only thing actually kept People buying plants etc For deco purpose is being destroyed

IMO removing (most of) the effort to valuate these on color will be beneficial to this market.

Resource level, spawn rate, density, etc… are all much easier to place a hard/common value on than color. And they change less often, too.

For fun (and inspiration):

These are some pics of stands at my place. You can see that at these prices most of the sales are color seekers, and event items (those flowers lol). Anyways these stands have been like this for over a year now, so it’s not a ton of money. But the point is, if you have what people want, they will find it, and buy it.

1 Like

I hear that - i do. But even with the update folks would have to harvest/buy the plants, and then grow/craft/buy the paint. And that takes some investment of time.

If you can find the color you want quickly from a shop - why wouldn’t you just buy it?

4 Likes

Honestly I thought all your plants were cheap.
Plants that drop beans should be more.
Bitter bean plants should be 350 maybe more. Pretty sure you can get 3 beans for a plant.

3 Likes

I’d rather buy the plant in the color I would want than have to do a multi step process just to paint a random plant to the color I want.

4 Likes

Pretty sure you bought all my plants when I just opened! Lol. Thank you for your patronage!

I’ve been slowly rebuilding my supply - and realizing my prices were probably too low.

3 Likes

Lol. I did buy a bunch of stuff. It was so cheap I couldn’t say no.
Do you have more cluster fungus I think that’s what those little mushrooms are called.

2 Likes

Yea! I currently have over 550 clustered tongue fungus in stock. (Various colors)

2 Likes

1 rough oort powers a portal for just under 14 hours. A decorative flower decorates your place as long as you keep the build.

3 Likes

I came by your shop today to get 5 or 6 plants I needed. I’d pay 10x what you’re charging for the plants and fungi just for the convenient way the place is organized.

6 Likes