Poll : Titan groupsize

there are multiple ways for loot split, but in my mind to be fair it has to be done through the system not players,

minecraft version all loot drops, it is very easy for a player to jump in and take it all that done nothing in the fight then go away and become rich.

yes sometimes it can be fair when a group gets it, but then you need to trust the collecter that he isn’t just keeping all the good stuff (all the oort stones and good weps) the and giving everyone little bits at a time.

ESO version, you loot the body, and you gain items, but each loot instance is different from each player, i may get more gold, than jeff and a chestplate instead of a sword.

this one makes it so no one else knows what each other gets unless you tell each other so you cant horde items this way, and this also based on the damage each player does but also for healers who deal no damage, they get their loot on the amount of assistance given to other players.

oh please get it out soon, to stop the idea of it being a raid boss equivalent (that is what it seems like to everyone)

and sounds interesting can’t wait to hear it!

Yep, I agree! Eso loot instancing is nice, but takes time to program.

And for the purposes of this thread, seems like we no longer have anything to talk about. From Ben’s post, sounds like titans will require a set number of players to fill certain roles and having more players doesn’t mean beating the boss any faster.

1 Like

Oh no please not that system, where you are guaranteed to get a shield while you are playing with your mage and a staff as soon as you log onto your warrior.
I hope that titans will only drop rare materials and not readytowear equipment. Then the loot system could just be [dropped materials] / [participating players (not saying what counts as participating)] with a few lucky players if that number isn’t integral

Well the whole point of my thread is to discuss how high this magical number should be.

3 Likes

i line the raid version from wow with 1 version for 10 player and 1 version for 25 players

1 Like

from a other topic

giant → 5 player
guardians → 10 player
ancient → 25 player

so you can play with every group size, and u have something for hardcore player who like to play as a big group ^^

i really like the raids in wow with 25 player ^^

I would be incredibly disappointed if Oort became a WoW clone in any way. Yeah, it wasn’t so long ago that I was playing WoW, and I still think its one of gaming’s greatest creations… but to have a game as special as Oort to adopt any of its mechanics, as so many games have done over the years… it would just kill it for me

1 Like

I would not say that having the same group sizes is already coping.

i will no copy from wow ^^ i will just diffrent group sizes^^
because as example in guild wars 2 is only possible as 5 man group… an that is still boring
u need still 5 player groups, but many players like bigger groups

1 Like

Ah okay sorry. I thought you were hinting at these situations being instanced with small groups of players. My bad

Now I´m just to curious to not ask:
I always loved to tank the big guys to keep the rest of my group in a relative safety. Will this (tanking) also be a viable role in the design you have currently in mind for titan fights?

Please don’t make it a mess deafeating ancients. It should not matter how much player you are but how skilled you are. a group of 5 skilled player should be able to outperforme a group of 25 noobs!!!

1 Like

Sounds like Shadow of the Colossus. With multiplayer. This makes me happy. :nyhappy:

2 Likes

A Titan should be super hard and not be taken by 5 players unless there like godly at playing

Although I don’t thing there should be like a min limite to how many can enter if Titans are in a chamber or something like maybe I just want to see it by myself lol

I really have an urge to say no to this idea since we have enough of it in WoW.

Oort in my opinion shouldn’t make the Titans like this since the Titans aren’t everyhting in the game. Rasing Guilds and Homes is for me another big even bigger aspect.

So i wanna say the fight even against the greatest Titan in Ooort shouldn’t take longer than 5 hours. Maybe 6. No more.

I do agree with you, the titans aren’t the main focus of the game, and they definitely shouldn’t be the only way to progress. For fighters you should be able to spend a majority of your time fighting, but builders should also be able to progress through their towns economy etc. I definitely don’t want this to be a game that revolves around one aspect. I want to build an awesome city, but I do also want to go on epic hunts with a great and dedicated team behind me

I expect tanking as a strategy (taking damage, distracting the focus of enemies) will totally be valid, so yes I expect so!

have you made thoughts on the healing aspect of the game? will it be magic that people can use or more like cubeworld potions?

Not talked a lot about healing, but our new damage system allows players to hurt and heal entities. So as an example, healing arrows are possible.

2 Likes

Hmm… that would honestly be epic, but does that mean that you can aciddentally heal enemy monsters with it? or is it only playerbound, also would you be able to hurt allies with that system? hope not o.o

If you dont want to answer its fine, im just curious, realized a long time ago that even when playing all of these games i didnt have the slightest clue on how its build up, how they determine enemy from ally for example.