Poll: What is my primary builder type?

I have a workshop, but all of my other builds are just to prove to myself I can turn my thoughts inti reality.

3 Likes

The results of this poll are a pleasant surprise. I am pondering if the majority of the primarily functional builders are also more of the all-rounders who tend to concentrate equally or moreso on other aspects of the game. That is just a theory.

From this, I would encourage everyone to notice who else voted like you and perhaps seek out some of the similar personalities on your next cooperative build.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Yes, i voted for that option and I do basically everything. Hunt, mine, gather, build, and opening my shop within the next week or two.

2 Likes

I built the World Block Museum as an architectural show piece. I had a plan, did some prototypes of features then built it to what I designed. I believe I accomplished what I set out to do. Now I have to try and add more detail to the next build.

3 Likes

What good is working together on a cooperative build if all us functionals are garbo at design? :joy::joy:

Edit: I can see it now, rows and rows of block buildings 5 tall, 3 deep. One row above ground, 29 under ground.

I see what your point is now!:sob::sob:

1 Like

As of now I would say that my settlement, Chaos on Raxxa and my Order of Oortian base on Sorrosi are a combination of artistic and utilitarian. Any other buildings I have are mostly utilitarian with a couple of slight exceptions leaning towards artistic.

At the very beginning of playing Boundless I played without any guidance and pretty much built with stones and silty soil. After obtaining my very first refinery through a trade I graduated to refined rock building. I believe that this was the time I decided to name my settlement, Chaos for the obvious lack of direction I had. Then I joined the Order of Oortian and started to learn how to play better. Then there was some forced settlement mergers on Raxxa. That created more of a chaotic building strategy. My settlement then became an XP farm. After leveling up my Toons for individual purposes and being inspired by members of the Order of Oortian, I decided to try and make my settlement visually respectable Thereā€™s many unfinished buildings but I believe that my artistic/ utilitarian intent is clear. If not, hence the name, Chaos to temper all outside expectations. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

My builds are a compromise between form and function. I mainly build ā€œjust becauseā€ but I also build to facilitate my shop, my store and my portal area.

Anyone want a new location for a portal on Storis? People keep bailing on me, lol.

1 Like