Poll: When do YOU think the next BIG LIVE update will be released?

stahp james

3 Likes

The combined gravity of all the new rental worlds warped spacetime… as a result, the release was actually pushed back into last week. But to avoid a paradox we’re stuck in a fuzzy state where they are both released and not released (Schrodinger’s cat is currently batting them around in it’s box)… they’ll fully release before the warp happens, at which point we’ll observe it, collapse the wave function and bring them into full reality… but they’re still already here. I think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Bucfanpakinterstellar (cant find the confused emoji xD)

1 Like

Do we know the cost of rental planets yet?

Nothing confirmed. The only things we really know are what Ross has leaked. And even those are subject to change, I’m sure.

1 Like

Bear in mind the game is developed in a sensible county that does dates in day-month-year order, so if James were to pick 7/5 - 7/11, that could be construed as any time between early May and early November.

I picked later than the available options, although not because I’m a pessimist, I just think games companies like to celebrate anniversaries, and a major patch is a great way to do that (with the logic that if they have a major patch sooner, chance of another one being ready on time for then are pretty slim at current rate of progress).

2 Likes

I think a lot of us here don’t realize that, I’ve had to explain it to the AP folks where I work multiple times after I’ve submitted an invoice from over there and they’ve come back saying they couldn’t pay it because the date was in the future or such. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh, don’t get me started on dates. I’ve spend some time working on an international ticketing system and I will forever bear a grudge against dates, datetimes, timezones, daylight saving and all the other random arbitrary things you have to account for.

1 Like

I actually did bear in mind the dates when making the poll but decided someone from a sensible country could see the logical consistency and order between the poll’s selections. Furthermore I figured someone from a sensible country wouldn’t suddenly start to think that there’s more than 12 months in a year due to my post.

I’m sorry this post was confusing if that was not the case. I have added a section under the poll with an explanation of dates for anyone who struggled. My apologies again, I hope this helps!

3 Likes

@bucfanpaka I think you were right. Definitely has to be some weird physics and spacetime stuff going on!

5 Likes

@Clexarews Couldn’t help but notice you wearing a t shirt with the being on it. Effect: +999 friendship :joy::joy::joy:. A fellow man of culture you are hahaha

1 Like

I give up on our devs :joy::joy::joy::sleepy:

1 Like

My girlfriend and I are obsessed with Nathan Pyle’s comics. I’m an amateur power-lifter so she bought me that one :grin:

1 Like

The only one I could find quickly. They’re funny!

2 Likes

I wasn’t in any way suggesting was difficult to understand, simply that if James had felt like trolling you, he could easily do so with perfect reasoning.

If you’d taken offence that I feel the American date format it less sensible, then I’ll point out that it is simply due to the idea that dates ordered by increasing or decreasing scale of units (smallest-to-largest or largest-to-smallest) are far more logical than medium-small-large. If you’d disagree, I’d love to know your reasoning.

I’m deleting this post and let’s move to PMs :smiley:. We’re getting a bit off topic and into a two person debate it seems!

Hurray someone else who is mildly irritated and bemused by this one lol

Edit: just to be clear, the need to have a different and confusing date format not james or the devs

The European date ordering definitely makes more sense. But I think the American ordering is more commonly used?

Personally I think year first makes most sense. 2020-04-20. I name all my documents year-month-day - filename.

1 Like

Yeah, but as a Brit I spend a lot of my time being mildly irritated by a lot of things.

2 Likes

Yay a kindred spirit.

Imagine my utter confusion at seeing a woman in the hospital with a face mask on each elbow and non on her face.

A double facepalm wasn’t enough to express my feelings