Portal conduits

Hey yet another question of mine haha. For portal coduits (not warp conduits just to get rid of the confusion in advance) does it matter if i do a stack of 3 in one row for traversing to a different spot on the planet or could i do some thing like a single stack of 2? I understand the differant width of the structure is depending on the hops but in the case of a 0 hop does it matter the height of the blocks like 2 blocks up or 3?

Thanks in advance you guys rock!

2 Likes

There is a max number of blocks you can use before the shard cost goes up, at least according to @Jiivita.

2 Likes

You need any rectangular shape and at least 2 blocks. If the distance requires 6 blocks it can be all of them stacked vertically or 3x2 shape.

As for travel within a planet, 2 blocks is enough. You can do more if you prefer portal to be bigger fir easier access or better looks but it’s not a requirement for 0 hop travel.

2 Likes

If you are traveling within the same planet you can use as little as one conduit… but that will make a horizontal portal (like a pool of water) and they can be a bit tricky to use =P

3 Likes

Thanks guys now i got my portal up and it works kinda but it seems like its sideways. Do i need to aline the portals some how so i can just walk through straight rather than walking through and turning right. @boundmore. @Jiivita

Its a known issue only happening with this shape. There is a trick to it but I cant remember. Maybe @Jiivita can shed light on it, I think he knows and remembers.

Ok so it seems when i walk into the portal heading west i need to walk out on the other side going north why is this?

heres my old topic when I reported it and you might find some info from devs

If your portal is only one block wide… then the exit will always be aligned to North / South

The side you open from can align east / west but not both sides… to get around this limitation make your portals at least 2 blocks wide… or place the exit in a Noth / South friendly locating =/

You can open the portal and then travel to the other side and break the blocks from there. Sometimes you need to break them by hiting the blocks from the side. It’s tricky, but it works. Better to go for the larger portal.