Portal cost

it is night and day the amount of drops you get in total in a large group (15+ players) on a T5 or T6 world where the group can spawn in Lv5 or higher meteors. vs, trying to solo Lv2 and Lv3 meteors on a low tier world.

The only problem with trying to hunt is a large group, at least when you are new to the situation is trying to keep up with the group, which can be kind of hard when your not used to going over harsh terrain, example, Alcyon is kind of annoying and dangerous to navigate as it is easy to fall into lava if you are not used to using grapples in both hands.

And then you also need some basic skills so you don’t die to often, but odds are, you will die, almost everyone dies in large hunts, since the elite wild stock can hit you for 8000+ damage in one ram if you take it right to the face and dont get out of the way in time. which inless you are a tank, will most likely one shot kill you.

The portal seekers ran the large hunts that I used to go on, A person by the name of Simoyd often ran the T6 world hunts I been on that were quite profitable indeed.

And then there is the hunters guild that also randomly ran hunts thru out the day.

I would post links to both their discords, but I am not sure where to find the link to do so.

ive done t5+ hunts solo… but t3+t4 hunts are less time consuming. and elite wildstock is like every wildstock: it cant jump or fly but u can grapple

1 Like

as a solo player only Lv1 Lv2 and Lv3 meteors will spawn and fall for you. you do need a group to get the Lv4, Lv5 and Lv6, which seem to be fairly more profitable. They spawn more waves of mobs, and the amount of fuel inside the meteor seems to be higher.

This is an Lv6 meteor

can you spot the dev? i found it highly amusing that james joined in on one of the hunts.

good to know ^^ must find some people for hunting i guess

Im hunting with a group of 5 with @AeneaGames at a T5 world and we get like 100 rough oort in around hour each. So no need for large groups.

Are all your portals worth keeping tho? Maybe connecting to a hub with a 2x1 free up time for other stuff?

I always wanted/expected there would be “compact oort shards” and such to fill that role instead, but somewhere along the line its either been lost/forgotten about or shelved.

13 Likes

Yes please!!!
I need a break lol :sweat_smile:
1200 oort cost ea 24/h is alot for a man trying to support peeps with easy portaling to t5/6&mines.

And dat 450oort reopening cost really, really… hurts…

1 Like

You seem to be a Developer, Inless the intoxicants I may or may not have taken are causing me to hallucinate.

Can’t you unshelve, or otherwise make it unforgotten?

4 Likes

can i get “compact oort shards” for Christmas?

3 Likes

Hubbit network runs regular hunts on Sundays aiming at tier 4 maybe tier 5 worlds, all people welcome.
Sign is in the main hub with the exact time can’t recall from the top if my head.

2 Likes

The Hubbit network hunts are pretty good. I hadn’t been on a hunt before and had just been soloing to get enough for my one portal. Since going on a few hunts I now have enough ort shards to power my Hubbit network portal and my Ultima link portal for weeks!

Only thing I need to try and find is an auto harvest tool as I know I’m missing A LOT of loot!

Yes! That would be awesome!

But if only there were 2 slots in there to stuff 1800 shards in total, that would already work rather nicely!

Tho compact oort shards are of course more cost effective and it’s another item that we can sell/buy so that would be rather handy!

1 Like

Two weeks ago I opened a big portal, 18 blocks, but when I did I only had 900 shards with. Half of it went of course straight into the opeing cost, I wanted to go back, but of course I forgot so after a bit when I ran around adding shards to all the portals I noticed it was closed again, ouch

That should be doable then!

I use a tad more oort shards a day, hehe, tho am not completely doing it alone thankfully!

Why? He just needed shards too! :joy:

Let’s just be real the portal cost for a solo player is crazy high if I want to hop to multiple planets and keep portals open to 5 or more medium size portals I would have to either quit my job or meteor hunt every time I log in. But I’m a builder so that’s not happening. How about buying more oort well need coin for that how to make coin have people walk on my grass so I get footfall I maybe get 500 coins a day from foot fall so that doesn’t work and if you’ve seen my build I’m not moving it I would rather quit. So compact oort makes sense 18 stones for 250 shards compact the 250 shards and infuse them with other gems or something to increase the strength of the compact oort for longer portal life. Or compact oort can carry a spark so put it in a charging station and feed it spark I would much rather spend 30 min getting fuel for my spark generator to recharge my compact oort then meteor hunting for 2 hours.

I think the portal cost is quite high, but that just opens it up to specialization though; I quite enjoy hunts, i do 2 or 3 a month when i need ingredients.

I don’t have the desire to hunt every time i log on, much less want to be forced to log in just to hunt, and as a result i can’t have a plethora of portals to all places in the universe. There are others who put inn the time and dedication to run hubs and i agree it’s definitely a large group effort but i think it should stay that way.

I currently run a single 1x2 to the planetary hub of my choice, thats it. From there i use the community to get where i need to go. I’ve been considering opening a second portal but that would double my oort usage (at least i have 12k stock).

If it were a single player game is agree, i want to go everywhere. But this thread is in stark contrast to previous lines of thought where people question large hubs as being unfairly supported by footfall - i think it shows clearly that portals are a luxury, hard to maintain, not necessarily for everyone to own, and if you don’t have the time / desire to do so, support the people who do?

1 Like

Every planet has at least 2 hubs connected to everything tho. Connecting to them cost 1/h per world. So costs can be lowered alot. 24 shards per portal a day is not alot.

If you dont like meteors you can hunt down roadrunners too. Which might net you alot of coin if you manage to get trophies from them.

1 Like

jetboats could make meteorite hunts easier, just think about it :woman_shrugging:

i just made a random affect adjacent titanium axe with no energy cost and its so damn satisfying just to cut trails into norkyna foliage >.< soon norkyna looks much more natural and is much less traversable by foot ^.^
i feel i missing out on much of this when i focus only on meteorite hunt for portal fuel

I don’t see a great need to own personal portals. I have one that leads to my diamond mine that’s it. Otherwise it’s 100c warps using portal networks or hoofing it. I guess I would suggest to stay within your means. If you want lots of portals, expect some grind for Oort.

4 Likes

Please drop everything else, guilds, chats, buffs, snowballs, even footfall buff! Put everyone on this task alone pleeaaaasssssseeeeeeeee.

Seriously though I’m going on a 11 day vacation soon and I’m pretty sure my portals will close and I will lose my slot in the PS network : /. I have at least 100k shards, I just can’t fit them in that one slot : (.

1 Like