Portal cost

id like to see a reducing in oort shard cost, especially for smaller portals, to make a collection of convenience portals possible for everyone without going on hunt for hours every day. I like meteor hunting, i like the concept of portal cost, but when i have to log every day just to hunt it keeps me from doing anything else in the game.

Every time i log in, i see another portal low and its hunting time again… i dont do much else. i made those portals for convenience, but it looks like they dont save me time, but cost at the small scale i maintain them.

the cost increase from 1x2 to 1x3 or 1x4 is a bit too much. if u discount the beacon cost it already saves u oort if u create 2 1x2 portals to and from hub instead of an 1x4… (u can actually discount the portal to the hub, too, because it is used instead of other 1x4+ connections)

maybe if they wouldnt cost 1,2,3 per hour, but 2,3,4 per 3 hours (keeping cost for bigger portals) i would be happy :>

or at least increase the storage size of oort shards inside a bigger portal so that they dont run out in just a few days, but u can fill them up to a duration of 1x2 portals

2 Likes

How many portals do you even have if you have to go hunt every single day? And what size are they?

I do agree with one thing, I think the limit of oort shards you can put in should be much higher, if you have a big portal the maximum only allows for a few days…

5 Likes

i dont hunt every single day, cause i dont continously log every single day. i have 6 1x2, 2 1x3 and 2 1x4 (those i will turn in 2 1x2 now)

This should cost you about 384 shards per day

This is partially why we live semi close to a hub now, with a portal to another hub. One single 1x2 portal. But topping it off got us about 5 weeks, if I remember correctly.

But yeah, we used to have more, including a 2x6 and a 2x2. I had a steady job then, and it was meteor hunts. Every weekend I’d spend one whole day hunting.

i know, its well possible to keep them up. 1 mass craft of oorts are 250 shards, taking 18 oort stones, which are maybe 3 meteorites.
But now add in that u might not have time to play every day and the number of meteorites u need to do per session increases >.< and actually i wanted to achieve something else in the game than burning shards…

keeping up a real portal hub like aqua or ps is possible due to the scaling of the meteorite loot to the number of participants in the hunt… i like this idea of a community effort towards a common goal, but it shouldnt be impossible to keep up a smaller number of small convenience portals on ur own, that are actually affordable and convenient and not filling your whole gaming sessions just to maintain them >.<

maybe the 2 1x4 just increased the cost too much, gonna see how i fare with those 1x2 replacements

There are or used to be large public hunts on T5/T6 worlds that had enough people in them to spawn in Lv5 and Lv6 meteors, after about 2 hours of being in one of those groups i often had 200+ oort ore, My fuel cost for keeping my portals up and running was around 456 shards per day. and from being in those hunts, 2 times a week, for about 4 hours per week, I had alot of fuel. the only problems with those hunts is being online at the right time for them, which i understand is something not everyone is able to do. it has also been about 3 weeks since i been on one of those hunts, so i am not sure if they are still as successful as they used to be.

But yes, as a solo player if you are going out hunting meteors 100% by yourself then that takes a decent amount of time to do.

If those hunts are still going on, you might want to consider joining one of them, if you do play at the right times, thou you will want at the very least, high HP so you are not dying all the time, and 2 gem grapples, as some of the terrain is awful to navigate, also not only will you get a decent amount of fuel from this, you will also get a large amount of creature parts that typically sell modestly well if you choose to sell them.

i didnt have the feeling that hunting in a group is that much faster than alone… but i never hunted in a really large group yet

it is night and day the amount of drops you get in total in a large group (15+ players) on a T5 or T6 world where the group can spawn in Lv5 or higher meteors. vs, trying to solo Lv2 and Lv3 meteors on a low tier world.

The only problem with trying to hunt is a large group, at least when you are new to the situation is trying to keep up with the group, which can be kind of hard when your not used to going over harsh terrain, example, Alcyon is kind of annoying and dangerous to navigate as it is easy to fall into lava if you are not used to using grapples in both hands.

And then you also need some basic skills so you don’t die to often, but odds are, you will die, almost everyone dies in large hunts, since the elite wild stock can hit you for 8000+ damage in one ram if you take it right to the face and dont get out of the way in time. which inless you are a tank, will most likely one shot kill you.

The portal seekers ran the large hunts that I used to go on, A person by the name of Simoyd often ran the T6 world hunts I been on that were quite profitable indeed.

And then there is the hunters guild that also randomly ran hunts thru out the day.

I would post links to both their discords, but I am not sure where to find the link to do so.

ive done t5+ hunts solo… but t3+t4 hunts are less time consuming. and elite wildstock is like every wildstock: it cant jump or fly but u can grapple

1 Like

as a solo player only Lv1 Lv2 and Lv3 meteors will spawn and fall for you. you do need a group to get the Lv4, Lv5 and Lv6, which seem to be fairly more profitable. They spawn more waves of mobs, and the amount of fuel inside the meteor seems to be higher.

This is an Lv6 meteor

can you spot the dev? i found it highly amusing that james joined in on one of the hunts.

good to know ^^ must find some people for hunting i guess

Im hunting with a group of 5 with @AeneaGames at a T5 world and we get like 100 rough oort in around hour each. So no need for large groups.

Are all your portals worth keeping tho? Maybe connecting to a hub with a 2x1 free up time for other stuff?

I always wanted/expected there would be “compact oort shards” and such to fill that role instead, but somewhere along the line its either been lost/forgotten about or shelved.

13 Likes

Yes please!!!
I need a break lol :sweat_smile:
1200 oort cost ea 24/h is alot for a man trying to support peeps with easy portaling to t5/6&mines.

And dat 450oort reopening cost really, really… hurts…

1 Like

You seem to be a Developer, Inless the intoxicants I may or may not have taken are causing me to hallucinate.

Can’t you unshelve, or otherwise make it unforgotten?

4 Likes

can i get “compact oort shards” for Christmas?

3 Likes

Hubbit network runs regular hunts on Sundays aiming at tier 4 maybe tier 5 worlds, all people welcome.
Sign is in the main hub with the exact time can’t recall from the top if my head.

2 Likes

The Hubbit network hunts are pretty good. I hadn’t been on a hunt before and had just been soloing to get enough for my one portal. Since going on a few hunts I now have enough ort shards to power my Hubbit network portal and my Ultima link portal for weeks!

Only thing I need to try and find is an auto harvest tool as I know I’m missing A LOT of loot!

Yes! That would be awesome!

But if only there were 2 slots in there to stuff 1800 shards in total, that would already work rather nicely!

Tho compact oort shards are of course more cost effective and it’s another item that we can sell/buy so that would be rather handy!

1 Like