Portal Fun

Well, Me and @Xanotos were doing some tests with portals, and found out some fun/funny things you could do with them.

@Xanotos standing on top of the portal

@Xanotos magically flips upside down within a portal

@Xanotos will be giving the explanations on how it was done :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

later tho. it’s midnight and i need to sleep.

2 Likes

I completely Agree

1 Like

THE PLOT THICKENS :oort::bacon:

3 Likes

okay, so in order to be standing on top of a portal, you need to have a horizontal portal, with two blocks of space underneath it.

if you put a block just underneath the portal, you cannot actually fall through the portal at all. but you can stand 1/2-1/2

now to turn upside down, you need the inverted portal that is in the Elop Portas storage tower, which when you jump down from the storage area, spits you upwards into the workshop.

so then with that inverted portal, just dig next to it, and walk directly underneath it. the game doesn’t really know what to do with what you’re seeing.

so what @Combyte sees is what you would normally see in the portal, but inverted because of the portal, and since i was on the other side of the portal, tha’ts what the engine did. it made it so that if you looked up at that portal, you would see me, however this translated into generating me behind the portal as well.

5 Likes