Portal not working

Cant have been from Serp to Cardass with a lower conduit count…

I think it was to besrevrona

Hi @vdragon Game log submitted 14:10 UK
I did it from both sides of the portal stuck in limbo

Maybe smack it with your totem again😘

Doesn’t allow me to for some odd reason, it’s stuck

But smack it, again and again! You must break the totem on it!

see how it goes, if the devs get stuck i will just de plot break it and re plot

It tends to happen when you play too much you gotta re-log into boundless

Thanks (FYI @james @lucadeltodecso)

Also, did the game display any additional messages? For example, did it display ‘Illegal Protocol Message’ on screen?

No nothing like that.
Just doesn’t load

@vdragon any joy with this?
Is it worth me deplotting to attempt to break the blocks and then replotting?

Patch notes of Testing 241: Beacon Reclaims! mentions something that sounds like this problem.

Not sure how it could have gotten partially destroyed but the indestructible part fits.
Options that are left are power coil, regen or admin removal. So far I see coils only suggested here. May be worth a try.

Regen would mean destroying part of the hub and rebuilding it. I thought in another thread about this @MrNiX said the coils didn’t work but I might be wrong. So best option would be dev override. Tho hopefully this doesn’t happen again after the fix hits live

This happened to me just the other day also. A portal from my house on Pheminorum to my farm on Raxxa was closed due to running out of shards. The last time I had logged on, they were both still open.

I put the shards in, the meter got about halfway then it made a portal closing noise and stopped. I tried just about everything I could from my house on Pheminorum. Still nothing. So I went to Raxxa and got to my farm portal. As I ran up to it, it showed the portal still open. I sat there for a few seconds looking at the open portal, then it registered correctly as closed. That’s when I was able to open the portals up from my house.

TL/DR:
portals wouldn’t open. Ended up being from the opposite end still registering and showing as “open” till I physically stood by it and waited for it to correct itself and show the portal closed.

IDK I’m sort of used to it now.

If it had a proper frame it actually makes a nice portal backer.

2 Likes

Just following up on this wondering if it’s been looked at?

2 Likes

This just happened to me, I walked through a portal before breaking the conduits to grab some marble came back and now the portal sits in same state as pictured only difference is, this was from cardass to shedu. It’s fixed itself now though, I was about to get the coordinates after opening a different portal and when I clicked on the broken portal it fixed itself

1 Like

@james, is this likely to have been fixed on the testing branch?