Portal Upkeep Costs

cosmiccori, let’s try to convince the devs to do this as a change to portals. That way, portals and oortstones still have a connection but the maintenance is less! :smiley:

1 Like

The new update is going to include compact beacon fuel, but i think it is still the same amount of oort to power…

1 Like

Beacons should stay refuel-only though.

3 Likes

It’s probably going to increase the price of Oort as everybody needs tons of Oort to compact and initially fill their portals. Just imagine how much Oort @DKPuncherello needs to compact to fill every portal at the mall with a smart stack of compact Oort.

3 Likes

I’s say just double the time or just have 1x2 or 2x2 max portal sizes like I think someone mentioned above… would save most if not all players the headache and stress in collecting fuel for the portals with RL being put second.

3 Likes

I vote for all 1x2 portals to be free once open.

4 Likes

If i could use Compact oort to fuel Portals i would fuel for a hole year my hole Network… Waiting for IT goes live wont Compact my orrt before

1 Like

Have you tried joining group hunts?

2 Likes

Cant because the times they hunt is when I’m not on the game in some cases…Im uk and on only certain times plus I’m not great at sticking to times and set things so it’s no good even joining a group.I always go on how I feel from moment to moment so planning isn’t any good for the way I am.lol.Even I don’t know what I’ll be doing tomorrow lol.

3 Likes

Know what you mean, im in the uk too but playing allot at the moment. Do you have a donations basket as I have some spare oort I can drop off. Been on the game allot recently so been saving up.

2 Likes

Went to yours and couldn’t find an oort request basket, you should set one up.

2 Likes

Awww this is sweet of you but I’m OK at the min for oort but thankyou anyway❤

2 Likes

I will give oort to anyone who needs it, would love to drop some off

3 Likes

I have seen “compact oort” mentioned several times now…(tbh im not completely following this atm “future update” and all that)…

Not to be overly negative but do want to point out if we get “compact oort” in this update (true or not I don’t know as over the entire period I’ve already seen to many different lists of what’s in it or not. And this may still change…to confusing to follow at times :wink: ) let’s hoop it ain’t gonna be the same snafu as the “Oort Amalgam” ideal expanding the fuel duration at a cost…
If it is that it will cost Oort crafting it (loss of total fueling time) probably the same thing will happen as it did with the “Oort amalgam” and will end up not being used as much.

Again I already said what I figured was a better solution to the fueling cost.

(For some reason quote isn’t working anymore for me so link has to do)

I know i keep coming back to this but i do think portals should have a cost (if it where only by blinksec and not size, then yes no objections :wink: ).
And kind of “FF oort reserve” for portals is in my mind a great way to drop the cost of fueling a bit… (would still benefit portals with very low traffic but not as much as high traffic portals).

(Talking from a network/hub host perspective)
Harsh to say it but in the end a portal that only gets used by 1 player is less important than a portal that gets used by multiple players.
I have hosted some portals before i started hosting TNT and shut most down because they didn’t “fund” them selfs (with FF). (This was on antar a little over 2 years ago).
And the cost just outweighed the benefit of keeping it/them open.

jeeeez i keep going again :expressionless: and repeat and repeat… leaving it as is because im writing this for almost 1hour now

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: really to anyone :grin:

Just joking im fine until next Friday.

1 Like

So if someone uses a portal, it sorta gets a boost (aka: a free hour added)?

3 Likes

Yes but kind of like how FF works. What is it 1 toon a day/week/X time. Also not refundable if when one a portal breaks (to avoid “farming” in a manner of speaking). Just adding 1 oort so big portals not even a hour (can be more but i think high traffic portals would already benefit from this more and lessen the oort strain on those who have baskets up to)

4 Likes

The game really needs a update to the oort system. I hunt no less than 2 times a week last week i hunted 5 times and all the oort i got from those hunts is gone the time commitment to keeping up portals is like making you play every day for a few months then you are good for some time. I have like 30 portals atm and most of the are small.

2 Likes

WE hunt every day at 6pm CET i am from Germany so your time Zone

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m not on boundless this time I’m normally with me other half and family then on boundless at night much later about 10pm etc sometimes earlier.Ill have to try and join a session if I can to see what it’s like.Ill go with Marcel I’m sure he goes to your hunts.Thanks for info and glad to know the options there in the future,.I farm lamella
now and beans etc then sell for coins aswell as farming corruption. I get by ,and Marcel gives me free tools and sometimes oort for his portal I have there.:heart:

1 Like