Portal

How do you travel to a new planet and set up portals so you can safely return to youre home?
Missing a step by step plan. And im afraid of never getting back. (On ps4)

If you have warp conduit, you can craft a warp augment to choose and destination on a planet in the sky. Then, you can place the warp conduit and as long as the destination is close enough, you can warp there for coins. Alternatively, a much easier method is to find your local portal hub and use that for free.

you can always get back via warps, even if you are out of money (it will send you into the negative) but even if you are out of warp conduits (or stuck and can’t make them), you can always warp from sanctum.

but portals are a bit more advanced. you need a powered workbench to make the portal conduits (or you can buy them) and then build the destination portal, grab a token from it, and then go to the other side and build the source portal and then you can pop in the token and fuel it with oort shards (raw oortstone drops from completed meteorites)
Portals are certainly more of a permanent setup for fast back and forth travel.

[edit]
oh right, to get to a new planet without using existing portals, you will need a compactor to craft a warp augment (or just buy one of course) and load it into your totem and fire it at a planet which you can see in the sky

As a last resort you can always get home by Returning to the Sanctum (if I’m remembering right that’s on the screen you pull up with the Options button) and then using the monolith thingie on the right side. Press Square to activate it and choose your Beacon and you can travel home. I believe it does cost some coins, though.

You are right it does cost coin based on distance, but you can always go home even if it makes your coin count negative. You will not be able to buy anything until you regain a positive balance by leveling, objectives or selling something.

1 Like

This is a very confusing system… ive spent the last 24 hours mining i found 3 pieces of iron a bunch of copper but there is hardly any fiber around me. i feel like they REALLY need to tell players how to make better informed decisions about where they set up initially. I feel like i picked a crappy area on a crappy planet and there is no resources available to me and trying to figure out how to travel to where the resources are is so confusing i just kind of want to give up and log off =/ on top of that im not even really sure where to go to ask for help vOv looks like chat is ONLY available localy?

1 Like

Discord is a great source of information, especially when you need a quick answer or are trying to find people!
there is an official Discord channel for Boundless.
<edited - dead link>
(hope that link still works… was copy pasted :stuck_out_tongue: )

yeah i think someone did the same on another thread they are both invalid

dangit. thats what i get for copying someone else’s link. :joy:

ok this one will work. (no expiry date and no user click limit)

Got it. Thanks