Portals dont work tonight

Tonight for over an hour now I’ve been getting stuck inside portals,and my screen blanking out.Ive been trying to go mining through portal network in finite but every time I attempt to go through it ,I freeze then it goes cloudy then I have to go log back in again.Ive lowered my internet setting it makes no difference.Its every portal I’ve tried to go through.When I started my game tonight ,It froze just going through sanctum portal to my home beacon.My connection is 100 %.I’m on ps4(UK).This has happened not so long ago and it was ok next day.It is frustrating I’m wandering is the UK ps4 players experiencing this problem too.? I’m sure it will be ok tomorrow I just thought I should report it here.Also i reported these issues in the game settings first before here.Hope it dosent keep doing this.Its impossible to play game tonight.I dont really wanna stay in my home world I need to go hard mode planets.Lol it’s a miracle I finally got to finita.

Did any messages appear in front of the portal before the issue occurred?

2 Likes

if you have the same options as PC players do, check your “Max portals rendered” or something like that. I know that in terms of consoles (vs. PC), there are a lot less options to optimize your settings.

I would log in and try again, and document everything that happens. From the actions you took before attempting to enter a portal, and making sure you check VDRAGON’s question about on-screen messages being displayed, to whether or not any portals work for you at all even on the lowest renderable settings (if possible).

Everything is evidence that can help us and the devs work through the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

I havent had this issue, but i know two people that have yesterday & day before. Both exactly the same scenario. Portal loads, step through to portal opening noise in a loop and a black screen. One was a Gellis to Gellis portal-Fidach the other i think was MrPeppers from One world l (not sure which)to Dzzaak.

Both appeared to log out-kneel down, but apparently had to close the game. Both PS4 too I believe. Only happened the once.

1 Like

going on Finata for me is a death trap, literally. the lag throws me off building cliffs and drowns me in rivers due to “UNPLAYABLE CONNECTION”. So that’s why I avoid Finata if possible…

1 Like

Yes I’ve also had that unplayable connection too when it happens but not everytime.I have already lowered render as this is the obvious thing to do so that was done but makes no difference.Its since last update it went but laggy and every now and then from out the blue I get this happen.Yet my end here is perfect internet plus all my other things like games and YouTube are always perfect.This is how I know it’s the game.I know it’s not my ps4 console it runs smooth running.Bt infinity internet top quality.Cheers for feedback.

1 Like

First time in sanctum my portal to my home base said ( illegal protocol) on the portal and it wouldn’t open.Its not my ps4 as I’ve taken all steps about lowering render etc ,rebooting my hub and it just made know difference.I report this everytime in game go devs and send game log.I know it will be ok eventually it’s just a mystery.I thought maybe there was too many players on the game but then I thought it would happen more often than it does.I do know that since last update it has been bit laggy.This used to happen in early game but since updates it was fixed on ps4.Now it is like it used to be very unpredictable. Cheers for feedback.

Not every time.Only some occasions it said unplayable but then it vanished and looked normal to go through.It freezes and you cant move or do any actions then kicks me from game back to logging in.Ill try today and see if it works.Only wrote it here to see if anyone else has similar problems on ps4.Ive always reported everything in detail.