Portalsize and oortcost: poll/discussion

so i need pay more shards per hour for a 2by3 our 2by2
to warp from planet to same planet
our use a 1by2 for oneshard an hour that doesnt manage to orient itself decent
north to east?

• this is lame
  • this is good

0 voters

what is wrong with having a 2By3 thats one shard an hour why do we all need to squeeze ourself in a micro portal our pay up more shards any reason why this changed
im only talking about the one shard portals
just make em two wide i see zero point in taking that out off the game try convince me why its a good thing better bring ya A-game explaining :sunglasses:
PS: 1by2 are ugly :rofl: the world is in plots off 8blocks and now we need to offset our portals in the design so fix it our make plots 9by9

My response would be “this is ok-ish”: I definitely think it makes sense for larger portals to be more expensive to maintain. However, I also agree that 1x2 portals are really painful to work with, and 2x2/2x3/3x3 portals feel too expensive for what they are (especially if they’re to the same world). Portals larger than that, though - seems ok to ramp costs up dramatically.

Suggestion: 1x2 at 1/hr (or maybe 1x3 at 1/hr?), 2x3 at 2/hr, 3x3 at 3/hr, and leave the rest be?

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the 2x1 are hideous, and 2x2 are not that appealing either. I think the 2x3 was the best look.

5 Likes

yeah 2by3 is the perfect default

2 Likes

change this to 2x2 at 1/hour and i might agree :slight_smile:

I don’t know what the server costs are with havin’ portals opened, so it’s hard for me to say, might be a good reason it costs more.

I suspect that changing the price thresholds won’t dramatically affect the numbers of portals opened, just the size of smaller portals. Take a look a the portal seeker hubs for example: there are tons of 1x2 portals

if they are 2wide oneshard an hour there less room for more portals these current small ones ya can put loads together :smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes

It costing more shards to run per hour for a bigger Portal is more logical (Running a giant light cost more energy than running a single LED bulb).

2wide by 3tall 100% look the best. They are just hella expensive to upkeep. This is main reason we have so many 1x2’s at the Portal Seekers Gateways. It really does put a damper on asthetics, but it allows newer people the possibility of opening up a Portal and being able to keep it open.

As and FYI for opening 1x2’s, there is sort of an art behind getting them to open correctly. The Opposite end will always open North to South. The end you are powering from will open in the direction you are facing when you place the blocks and break it.

1 Like

I don’t mind 1x2 portals but never understood why they must be aligned to N/E directions, etc. That makes no sense.

I am fine with portal costs with smaller being less. But fix the alignment.

2 Likes

but before ya reach good big led’s no mather the price off ya torchlight they stick the same type off led in the thing