Possible bug with the farming epic and totem farming

This occured to me approximately 30 minutes before the time of this post as it took me a little bit to get the details and ensure they were correct and I hadn’t just made a mistake somehow.

I harvested 4 totems, 4 different colours, 1 of which gave me the “loot log” saying 2x totem harvested.

the 4 colours harvested were black, night fuchsia, dark green, shadow yellow. The 2x harvest was for the black, I was paying close attention to the “loot log” as I was curious if the farming epic applied to totem farming, so I’m 100% sure of what I saw.

Checked my inventory and I cannot find the 2 black totems. I count up my seeds and totems believing I should now have 26 total but still only have 25. 19 seeds and 6 totems of various colours. 5 in my inventory, 1 on a shelf. I am certain of these results as I have been keeping a track of the mutations and recording them based on the ice colour used.

I already had 1 black totem in my inventory from yesterdays harvest, and this had smart stacked itself with 8 regular totems. Now when I try to move this totem from the smart stack to a separate inventory slot it automatically puts itself back in the stack of regular totems, not sure if was the case yesterday or if this is also the case now as I harvested that one black totem quickly before work and didn’t play on this (my farming character) since then.

Update: Returned to sanctum and was able to remove the 1 totem from the smart stack. But still missing the 2 extra black totems.

I’m not too worried as I haven’t lost any seeds either, but I know this is the sort of bug that might cause another play to have a hissy fit so I wanted to offer as much detail as possible.

1 Like

Just to confirm, what totems were you harvesting?

The candy totems of course, from the candy plant. Are there other totems I could harvest?

1 Like

I thought it might have been the candy plants, but I just wanted to make sure that’s what you were referring to.

OK gotcha… for a moment there I thought maybe I had missed something. Anyway, yeah I’m not too bothered but would prefer if it didn’t happen again. Is the farming epic supposed to apply the extra 20% crop to these totems?

Out of interest, what does the layout of your smart stack look like?

For your question about the Farming Epic, let’s recap the description on the skill:

Is there anything unusual about the Crop Yield after you planted the candy seeds?

I’m away from home at the moment but will be home in a few hours so I’ll try and recreate how my inventory was arranged at the time and provide a screenshot.

As far as the farming epic, all I see when I plant the totems is 100% yield. No other crop displays a figure inclusive of the 20% extra from the epic so I assumed the actual crop chance was therefore 120%, I.e a 1 in 5 chance of recieving a 2nd totem when harvesting. I ask if it applies in this case as there is no visual indication when harvesting to say that the 20% applies.

I’ll be honest I’ve had moments of doubt and wondered if this actually happened, at the time i was sure the activity log said 2x totems, but without the ability to scroll back through the action log I cannot be 100% certain as by the time I actually went to look in my inventory the message was gone.

Will get back with a screenshot in a few hours. Thankyou.

Now I am fairly sure my inventory was in this order (the totems anyway).

The first totem stack is the wayfarer stack with the one black totem that I could not move from the stack to a spare slot in the inventory. The second stack had 4 totems in it I think… and 1 totem was in a storage shelf.

What I’m wondering is, did I just harvest an unmatured seed and was the “2 Totems received” because I harvested 2 night green ones maybe? But I had been at work for a 12 hour shift followed by sleeping before I came to check on then so I would of assumed so and maybe missed the fact that it was just a seed nearly mature… as they are black seeds on ice it should have mutated away from black, but I guess it’s quite possible to go back to black with it’s random jump rightt?

Did you have an inkling that this might have occurred?

Not sure what you meant by this?

It’s definitely a possibility.

This was just me trying to reason to myself how a black coloured seed mutates to a black coloured totem when planted on a different coloured ice block. I.e. it steps once towards the colour of ice, followed by a random step which happened to be black on this case.

Ok this has happened to me again today so I am now certain that something funny is going on. I had two night fuchsia and 1 night berry totem matured and ready to harvest, I harvested them again with my farming specialized character.

I hit the first totem (the berry i think) and it said + 1 candy cane totem recieved, I hit the next totem (the fuchsia) and that message updated itself to say + 2 candy cane totems recieved (the line of tect simply changed). I then hit the last totem (the other fuchsia) and this time it do not replace the +2 with a +3 it added another line of text saying +2 totems recieved. Both these lines of text were on the screen visible one above the other so it indicated to me that I should now have 4 new totems in my inventory… However there was on only 3 there in a smart stack of their own.

Then the other bug occurred as well so that whenever I moved the night berry to storage or to another slot in my inventory it “rubber banded” back to the same spot in my inventory. This would not remedy itself until I excited to sanctum and I was able to move it when I came back home.

Now I’m not sure if the farming epic works here or not, but I can only assume it does apply. However with the way the text displayed and the order in which I picked up the 3 totems of 2 different colours in quick succession makes me wonder if it was simply a text issue.

Gee I often wonder if farming epic works just on normal crops…it say 100 percent seed with or without it on without it on you lose alot and with it on theres no way i am getting any extra than a 100 percent back…:v:

1 Like

What does your farming setup look like? I suspect it would not make too much of a difference, but I could give it a go to see if I get something similar.

Could there be specific color you are placing them? That the color is bugged somehow?
Have you tried on other glacier

I’m back at work for the next few days unfortunately so I cant show you exactly but I can describe I guess.

The first case i had ice embedded in soil, 5 pieces in a row, the colours I cant remember exactly. 3 totems had matured and I harvested them in quick succession. I believe my initial post lists the colours I think.

The latest case i had 3 pieces of strong orange ice placed in my building on a window sill, so fully open to sunlight. The 3 pieces were in a row. Harvested all 3 together in quick succession. With 2 of 1 colour and 1 of another I believe this caused the “clerical error” in the action log.

I wanted to repeat the process and record myself to see if I could capture it happening… as is typical I got 3 totems all the same colour, night fuchsia. As I harvested each one the counter in the action log. Showing 1x then 2x then 3x. This is what leads me to believe the issue is just a clerical one.

I can try again when I finish my days at work and try to video capture the result but that’s going to rely a lot on RNG to get the appropriate sequence of colours. Hopefully this let’s you replicate what happened though.

I’ve tried it now with several colors and the same issue has occured with 2 different coloured lots of ice. I dont believe it’s the specific colours but more likely a case of looting 2x of one colour and 1x of another colour in a specific sequence causing this to simply display incorrectly in the action log.

What is causing the problem in my inventory though… I’m not sure. Again if I can replicate this again I will make a video capture of it.

Its not a text bug, it is actually just broken here.

Issues is all the other crop drops can be “stacked” and the drops work fine with multiple outputs… but the candy totems can only be smart-stacked, and it doesnt work correctly here (the code tries to produce a 2x candy-totem drop… which isnt allowed and ends up as just a 1x candy-totem… instead it needs to produce a smart-stack of two candy-totems instead)

Ahhh I see. In that case you guys owe me 57 shadow blue candy cane totems, haha. I joke of course, it’s just happened to me these 2 times and like I said earlier I wasnt too bothered, just wanted to help.