Post your first Screenshot!

I thought it might be fun for us to share our first boundless screenshots, and see just how far we (and the game) have come. It’ll also be interesting to see the different starting points for members of the community, and what everyone thought was worth screenshotting.

Or maybe you accidentally clicked the screenshot button.

Either way, I started playing back in 2017, and this is the first screenshot I took:

We had a whole different set of planets then, and I kind of miss this valley, and trying to find ancient tech components in those hills.

11 Likes

I think it is this one, my first home in boundless. April 2016.

And a selfie…

10 Likes

Amazing Idea!

I was randomly exploring Therka as a little Oortling in ‎August ‎2017:

I wonder if the person who built this is still playing:
Your village was beautiful!

10 Likes

My very first screenshot, finding my first fossil I believe… :thinking:

I’ll probably be forever nostalgic of Therka. Nice colour palettes, mostly nice biomes, and an earth-like distribution to the biomes (don’t have a much better screenshot, but see below).

6 Likes

Humble beginnings…

Might look a little more familiar in its later stages…

7 Likes

muh first house:

9 Likes

im not sure if i look lost but i was really, really lost

10 Likes

Lol… “my gps said there was a road here!”

2 Likes

My first and second screenshots

, the beginnings of Chateau Excelsior

6 Likes

I began my love affair that day.

7 Likes

Its not my first house in this game, but it’s certainly one of my favorite!

Of course, every house I build has a secret shrine of some sort hidden within it. This one had the Tomb of Lester. Look at how far the lighting engine has come since these days!!

Edit: these pics are dated July 28, 2015. almost exactly 4 years ago now!!

13 Likes

I’m not counting my first screenshot because it is just a crop of the coordinates of my first base so my friend could find me.

Starting at the second one, if I recall correctly I was running around in caves on Antar VI (my starter planet) with said friend, and amused by how spooky they looked in the distance (taken on the 22nd of Sept 2018):

Most of the screenshots that follow after that are not very exciting to look at because it was when we got to trying for our first diamonds on Serp, with iron hammers and stone chisels, haha. This was in October at that point.

Figuring things out:

Excited about seeing titanium for the first time (oh boy that excitement hasn’t aged well):

And a bit later, finally:

6 Likes

My first screenshot, one of my first builds I ever made back in September last year. Still visible today from Lasaina PS hub ahah

unknown%20(3)

7 Likes

I was so proud :laughing:

7 Likes

Cant really give you one

11 Likes

First house in the wild of Sochaltin

8 Likes

The first I have saved on steam:

9 Likes

My very first Boundless screenshot from September, 2018.
When I landed, I immediately noticed how beautiful the game is.

At some point I had completed some of the journal objectives, and started to wonder around.
(Yes the name of my first build was my username lol I wasn’t very creative with names and wasn’t sure if it would be my permanent build)

6 Likes

This, for sure isn’t my FIRST screenshot, but it is the oldest on this laptop.

It’s aMAZEing how much and how little has changed at my base! :laughing:

3 Likes

My first ever home on Arie:

Kinda funny tho, that a few months ago I found out that @ghandymarshall actually started on that same little island not far from each other! I asked him about a little house with chiseled red roof with a square at the back with one tiny little portal. He remembered that, used it a lot, it was my very first portal since I, of course, managed to settle on the opposite side of the capital and any portals! :smiley:
And then later we both move to Gellis without knowing each other, and now we are both on Trung :slight_smile:
The guy is stalking me I think! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also funny, the spot this little house was in, is now part of the current capital!

3 Likes