Post Your Screenshots! 2nd!

Ive been wondering how to make a floor glow without chiseling. Is the schools floor chiseled at all?

heres the promised pic: its the simple opposite corners trick just with a titanium chisel.
I tried to make one out of a ramp with a silver chisel but it was unclear if the light was shinning thru with the chiseling. ill have to run more testing another time.

I dont get it but just discovered chiseling the gleam a little bit made the concrete brighter??? Maybe i was blocking some light without knowing…idk.

3 Likes

It is chiseled (silver slopes - because I like the pattern) … then I just laid glass over the top.

Stop by Grandeur and take the portal to the right of the hub entrance (239m West) … and you can check it out.

You can do a ramp simply with bevels, I’m sure of it (because I have compact ones in my basement) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for a wonderful time MadManMoon, showing me around your very inspiring and clever build :slight_smile: and for reminding me that i can’t learn all the tricks bymyself but that it is a community effort :slight_smile:

as for everyone else: we did discover it is possible to light up a slope ramp…just chisel the back of the sloped ramp once with a silver chisel and it will accept the light behind/below the ramp.

2 Likes

Hehehe … those danged slopes … and being the only thing that works well with grassed land :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

A series of shots taken at various hunts

Valhalla:

C.O.R.E new hunt planet:

C.O.R.E hunt on Delta:

Same C.O.R.E hunt, but all of these are from the same platform, 10 meteors landed in secuences of 2, 3 and 4.

2 on the ground barely visible while a 3rd lands:

More of the same platform:

6 Likes

The campaign for the Oortian Camera Pack starts here. :wink:

2 Likes

That would be awesome! :smiley:

Especially as I feel pretty silly when I’m just standing there in a hunt group with my equipment holstered while taking shots. :joy: :flushed: Imagining people if they notice are like, “What, that person have a death wish there?” :thinking:

We also need a bagpipe emote, as I think it would be epic to jump up on a meteor and start piping away during a hunt. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Imagining more than a few people might take issue with this suggestion though… :rofl: )

6 Likes

I totally know how you feel. I have been fussed at for it a couple of times too. I try to be as swift as possible lol. A camera animation would at least let people know I’m doing something lol. Good idea @MadManMoon.

3 Likes

If you’ve been fussed at for doing nothing, those were people not worthy of photography, IMO. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m just sayin’ … this door can take a lot

4 Likes

when you are trying to work in peace and keep getting pushed no matter where you stand :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

This happens to me all the time! It’s especially annoying when your building character has no hunting skills. :joy:

2 Likes

You have a problem solver in your left hand… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

:joy:
:wildstock: :slingbow: = :bacon:

9 Likes

mmmmm bacon :bacon:

5 Likes

BFE=Bacon Foliage and Edible Lamella sandwich.

6 Likes

Been patting myself on the back too much for this window/skylight design but I want the world to see!

33 Likes

OK, I’m part way through a massive rebuild, and putting in some open areas, too … no pictures, as it is in progress … but I’m making progress with secreting lighting into walls, and compact ones, at that.

I’ll attempt the light switch at some point, too … but not just yet … and just not here … :wink:

… Anyway … the reason I’m stopping back in the thread is since one person wanted to know, I thought others might, too … obviously, I don’t think everyone is as dumb as me … but, equally, some folks might be new.

So … if anyone wants a “how to” on lighting without anything obvious, stop by Moon Hall. :slight_smile:

It’s accessible via the Bath House hub that’s either just outside GTG Outpost - Sochaltin I or from the Grandeur Hub.

6 Likes

what friends think i do in boundless

what i actually do

build

15 Likes

Dang’ those screenshots have some incredible graphics. @HOST

4 Likes