Post Your Screenshots! 2nd!

Gorgeous, love the colors! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

thank you for sharing. I love the way you guys are working with nature!

2 Likes

Had a request for how this was done … I wrongly assumed I was last to the party on this one.

I just realised that when I make a 3x3 tunnel, with beveled corners on the inside. That if light/water pass through slopes why not bevels. I think it was my lava tunnel that probably seeped the knowledge in, because the lava is actually there … not behind the blocks. :scream: ((( but you won’t die :wink: )

So, basically, I build the beveled tunnel interior … Then I go to the outside, and bevel the opposite corner of the block. Then I just have to put a light source nearby.

This was done as an experiment to see if it could assist the lighting of the tunnel in Grandeur to be without visible gleam diamonds.

If anyone wants to actually learn, I’ll be happy to teach it in the school/somewhere … ping me, and we’ll then do a mock up of how the school thread will work :wink:

1 Like

Yup i use the ‘Block Light method’ whenever i want a surface to glow on my builds. Personally i prefer the titanium chisel as i like the patterns i can make from them.

Was all the rage when somone did it with a shop of theres in 2019. Since then the topic has been quiet for some reason.

Works very well with aboveground builds as long as you account for the wall of gleam behind the facing blocks

Posting a pic soon as its nightfall on refgar

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking about how to incorporate similar stuff into the aboveground things I have … but I normally operate (relatively) compact builds.

The school has a glowing floor, though.

1 Like

Ive been wondering how to make a floor glow without chiseling. Is the schools floor chiseled at all?

heres the promised pic: its the simple opposite corners trick just with a titanium chisel.
I tried to make one out of a ramp with a silver chisel but it was unclear if the light was shinning thru with the chiseling. ill have to run more testing another time.

I dont get it but just discovered chiseling the gleam a little bit made the concrete brighter??? Maybe i was blocking some light without knowing…idk.

3 Likes

It is chiseled (silver slopes - because I like the pattern) … then I just laid glass over the top.

Stop by Grandeur and take the portal to the right of the hub entrance (239m West) … and you can check it out.

You can do a ramp simply with bevels, I’m sure of it (because I have compact ones in my basement) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for a wonderful time MadManMoon, showing me around your very inspiring and clever build :slight_smile: and for reminding me that i can’t learn all the tricks bymyself but that it is a community effort :slight_smile:

as for everyone else: we did discover it is possible to light up a slope ramp…just chisel the back of the sloped ramp once with a silver chisel and it will accept the light behind/below the ramp.

2 Likes

Hehehe … those danged slopes … and being the only thing that works well with grassed land :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

A series of shots taken at various hunts

Valhalla:

C.O.R.E new hunt planet:

C.O.R.E hunt on Delta:

Same C.O.R.E hunt, but all of these are from the same platform, 10 meteors landed in secuences of 2, 3 and 4.

2 on the ground barely visible while a 3rd lands:

More of the same platform:

6 Likes

The campaign for the Oortian Camera Pack starts here. :wink:

2 Likes

That would be awesome! :smiley:

Especially as I feel pretty silly when I’m just standing there in a hunt group with my equipment holstered while taking shots. :joy: :flushed: Imagining people if they notice are like, “What, that person have a death wish there?” :thinking:

We also need a bagpipe emote, as I think it would be epic to jump up on a meteor and start piping away during a hunt. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Imagining more than a few people might take issue with this suggestion though… :rofl: )

6 Likes

I totally know how you feel. I have been fussed at for it a couple of times too. I try to be as swift as possible lol. A camera animation would at least let people know I’m doing something lol. Good idea @MadManMoon.

3 Likes

If you’ve been fussed at for doing nothing, those were people not worthy of photography, IMO. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m just sayin’ … this door can take a lot

4 Likes

when you are trying to work in peace and keep getting pushed no matter where you stand :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

This happens to me all the time! It’s especially annoying when your building character has no hunting skills. :joy:

2 Likes

You have a problem solver in your left hand… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

:joy:
:wildstock: :slingbow: = :bacon:

9 Likes

mmmmm bacon :bacon:

5 Likes