Post your Spooky Orb Farm Spots here

You can craft the things any time of year. The only limitation is that the orbs can only be gathered during the event.

1 Like

I did a little collecting on this one that is a scrapper but not on the list for deletion - it will be up for a bit. :slight_smile: Also, no mob issues at all on the canopies on this run, they were spawning on the ground. The mushrooms are harder to spot down there but plenty on the ground as well. Also, this planet has a good mud field, I put a token to it as “Orb Farm” on my plinths.

I gave at least half of the stuff I got from this away to some friends, still got a huge profit off just selling to a few baskets - if I sold all of it this might have been a better return on my time than my mines.

Edit: Oh, got a bunch on sale cheap at my various stores. :smiley: I make enough on the other stuff, and would like to make these accessible for those who want a lot, though obviously people might grab them up and resell… I’ll try to get them out fairly often though. Also, a shot below of the plinths at Raxxa to get tokens from - it is pretty close to the TNT portal, just turn left and go down the path a bit if you come from that way.

5 Likes

My power is still out (thanks Zeta!) and I’m not sure how much harvesting I’ll get to do today and I have two sovereigns with lots of fungi and rosetta nox. My t5, Espireon, has a portal at the PS Serp hub. The portal goes to island trees full of fungi! My t2, Lorem Ipsum, is reachable via PS Kada (portal says “Groddle”). Once you come through my workshop, head west to lots of mud and rosetta nox. It’s also a great place to harvest flowers for making seeds.

3 Likes

I’m here (Atlantis), now. Hopefully there’s been a 4hr gap. About to find out.

hehehe

Is there a queuing system? :smirk:

EDIT - That field is dry as a bone, mate. I’ll try the other one. :slight_smile: :thumbsupall:

Currently at field 2 (i think) and there’s a few Rosetta Nox’s around. Is that how it’s supposed to be, or should there be swathes of the things everywhere?

This is super nice:

EDIT2

OK, so I might’ve disturbed the 2 fields on Atlantis suitably that it could be another 4 hours to regen, but ideally I’d like to farm.

Going to try Packa’s places. Not sure what to do with the tokens, but I’ll work it out …

in 2-3 hours next gap ^^ i was on it before 1-2 hours my daily round

2 Likes

Aha!

Lovely, thanks, mate. :slight_smile:

I’ll see if I can buy up Packa’s stuff.

What I’ll do is then make huge amounts of the things, and (similarly) sell those for, like, 5c, or something, since I don’t need them. (but wanna try to make them for GIORGIO.

EDIT - @bucfanpaka looks like your stuff’s not listing on the Raxxa or DK available stuffs. Maybe sold out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!! :smiley: Yep, I noticed my DK place sold out earlier and somebody probably grabbed my Raxxa ones (some at my Gyosha place and Nova Golda too). :slight_smile: Will restock soon though! :wink: I’ll be jumping back in within a half hour and I’ve got some in a chest to load up.

With the tokens, if looking to do the gathering, you’ll want to use them - hold down on the trigger/mouse button for the hand they are in - to save the location to your list. Then go to the closest planet (will either be Alcyon or Norkyna) and warp for 100c. Some have the planet you warp from in the name - if it doesn’t, it probably has a portal at Paka’s Palace, Alcyon, where you can go then warp from there.

I did about 15 min of farming a bit earlier and got around 1000 spooky orbs. :smiley: Without even exhausting the canopy area I was on, and taking the time to chop up all the trumpet roots as well. Given what I did with rentals, having a bunch with this biome, I’d actually feel bad about selling them for more (I’m making a lot off the other stuff already), rather just help out the community with them.

3 Likes

This is amazing knowledge to have, thanks!!

I thought I’d have to build a portal 17x17 wide and spend all my oort. :laughing:

Anyway, yes … thanks for this, I’ll try to do it.

However, in the meantime, I gave FUTURE an obscene amount of money for some orbs, and at 1800 UK time I’ll be hanging around somewhere to give out cauldrons (45), lanterns (20), and skulls (45)… oh … and OORTY THE OORTLING (45). I’ll have about 45 odd to give out.

What should I limit it to … one or two a piece? Definitely one on the cauldron, right?

Will announce in QVC #shops-and-trading shortly.

I’ll be standing at my store in DK. If you have trouble finding it, I’ll be just through portal #1 in the shortcuts … alternatively look for RAW YAMS in the knowledgebase, and I’ll set mine to 666c per yam. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Ok, JUST put out a few hundred more each at DK Mall and Sylva! :smiley:

Thinking I might zone out and do a lot of collecting this afternoon and evening… but I’ll probably limit each stock to a few hundred to give as many people as possible a chance (rather than one person get a few smart stacks, dole them out bit by bit).

1 Like

Sounds fair. :slight_smile:

I’m just sitting by my workbench … if only my character had a banjo to play!

1 Like

Very cool on what you are doing too!! :smiley: This community really is the greatest. :+1: If you’re still standing there at your store, I’ll come back and drop some extras on you! :grin:

1 Like

You’re too kind … thank you! :slight_smile:

Well, it’ll be in an hour, so no rush. :slight_smile:

Updating with 25 spooky seeds and 25 creepy seeds, too.

I know it’s not much, but it’s something!

1 Like

Cool, I’ll stop by later! :slight_smile: What is your store address? Not sure which portal is #1 and unfortunately on the search there were too many results to show your yams. But I’ll find it with the row and number and name! Thanks!! :smiley:

1 Like

Row H, I think.

Moon Man’s RowH Madness (shtct1)

The DK Shortcut portals were all in a row in the portal row … I think.

Anyway … yeah … I haven’t done anything yet, so you won’t have found the place. :wink:

Also … my stall is literally a hole in the ground. :laughing:

EDIT - Oh … I’m H6!

1 Like

Haha, no prob!! :grin: :+1: Gotcha, I’ll use the portal to get to that area in about an hour and look around for ya, if I don’t catch you then I’ll hide some for you at my place! :slight_smile:

Oh, for anybody wanting to gather, last run same thing on the safety of the canopies - the mobs were all spawning down on the ground! I know I’ve seen them up there in some places, but think it was more with ones where the canopies merged into rocks/mountains.

1 Like

Thankyou Sovereign planet owners that are public. I found 1 mud flat that beat me today. I couldn’t finish getting all the knox. Just to many.pic below shows just from one mud flat. I love Sovereign planets

6 Likes

why should we owner hold the world privat, thats helps nothing to the community, why play mmo if i make world privat. plants regrow every 4hours.

i have on my world 2 big fields with ~4k orbs in complete, i need 20 minutes for collecting all only from this 2 field

5 Likes

Does anyone else remember; Zeta was actually the name of one of our very first few exo planets that ever spawned.

Short clip showing the haul from collecting from a couple canopies on Cornucopia - though I did start with 100 of the orbs in my inventory, and grabbed some stuff off the ground and ice too in one area. I gave away most of this Spooky Orb haul, have some more to put out to sell, but I got like 75,000c just selling most of the rest of the stuff to the Golden Fist’s baskets. :slight_smile:

2 Likes