Power Coil Health in TIER 5 PLANETS always showing full even when worn out

Just to confirm, does the Power Coil not switch to the green bar temporarily depleting after you hit the machine?

There isnā€™t any indication that the machine was even hit except for the sound and damage readouts on the right side of the screen. Thereā€™s no green bar either.

1 Like

hit with spanner: 100% blue bar from the time its worn out until its fully repaired, as if nothing ever happened. no green, no yellow. maybe itā€™s showing me the item health instead of the wear ??? im not sure what the technical terms for these areā€¦ sorryā€¦ the wear is not displaying.

hit with wayfarer totem: turns green as i damage it and its health goes down until it is returned to my inventory

Durability: zero. worn out. full blue bar.

Durability: 68% ? full blue bar.

durability: 100%. great! ā€¦ full blue bar. like a broken clock is right two times a day.

i just had my daughter hit the coil with a hammer in front of me. the blue bar went down.

the coils are definitely showing health instead of durability.

2 Likes

Just an update on this, I have managed to reproduce this and have updated the existing bug.

1 Like

This bug is still not fixed.

The bug is logged but thereā€™s no fix for this yet.

Just in case, if you have PC the current workaround is to use debug menu and look at durability there. I have a screenshot In an earlier reply but I didnā€™t explicitly point this out.

Or just Count the strikes until one coil Shows gray numbers. Thats how i do it since i set my base on besevrona.

I mentioned early in the thread, I can use the spanner to check coil health. This is alright if you run your coils into the ground or have few machines. I hate to see a coil get worn out. Unfortunately it adds to an unacceptable amount of time wasted and durability lost on the spanner if you have a large number of machines that you care for regularly. Letā€™s say a a machines coils are at 90%. I would normally just check visually and pass it by without clicking on it. Could check the whole room in a couple of minutes. Clicking every coil takes a lot longer. At 90%, if I check with the spanner then this takes two hits to see a grey number. Times 24. Now we are at 48 hits on the spanner when a quick look should have been sufficient to know that no hits are necessary. I have over 30 machines. I swap materials between machines multiple times a day. Doing this I would be going through spanners pretty fast, when one ordinarily should last a really long time. I donā€™t recommend it to anyone who can avoid it.

Understood.
But given my base is on besevrona and i got some machines fully coiled and using them regulary, i dont have a choice. Since my base is there i rely on the Chat log. I use a Stone spanner in one Hand for testing purpooses and the high Quality one in the other Hand.
When there is NO choice, then you have to work with what you got.
Apparantly, People with bases on T5 planets have no other choice. If they cannot Access the debug menue.

If you have pc you can check with debug menu. PS4 should get a full set of gem spanners and 1-hit them. Not sure if you need spanner epic. Should fully repair without grey as long as you do it before wearing out. If itā€™s worn out you need 2 hits.

Personally I canā€™t be bothered to carry around a whole set like that. But itā€™s the most efficient if thatā€™s what you are stuck with.

i want to have a workshop with coils on T5 please

whats stopping you? (i wish i had an ā€œim being facetiousā€ font)

Oh this is a bug? I thought that was normal, but Iā€™ve only ever had a base on alnitans

It happens on all coil types for me on alnitans

It has since last year, just didnā€™t know it was a bug

The bar never changes for me on alnitans. Always full and same color. But will say worn out

totally a bug, but more importantly, you live on my planet?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I have been here for a long time, but on temp leave. Back to play some more. I have the portalis observatory and portalis planetarium, beginning renovations due to updated lightning :slight_smile:

1 Like