Power Coils? Diminishing Returns Question

I’m going to be setting up a crafting station and want to know if anybody has information on how much each power reduces % time/spark cost by. I would be able to work it out but I don’t have the coils to test the diminishing returns effect.

Basically I want to have the least amount of coils with the most amount of benefit.

Thanks in advance! :fist_right::boom::fist_left:

I know a few people have done the math here in the forum. Maybe a search for the topic?

Also he might not have the info in front him but @Vurtadelic I know for sure mathed it out at one point.

1 Like

Did a quick search and found this.

1 Like

Yeah I hear people saying 24(I think) is a full set… But doesn’t it max out before then? I’ve got my forge and a couple of other machines at full power with extra coils that don’t actually seem to do anything at all… They don’t even connect
Am I missing something obvious?

1 Like

24 should be connecting if placed right. Accoarding to the discussion I linked above though you’ll only get the extra gains from all 24 on more advanced/expensive recipes

2 Likes

Gonna have to look at my set up… Perhaps I’ve got more than 24 coils but I don’t think that’s the case. I’ll say no more until I’ve double checked lol!

If anyone knows where I live go and look at my extractor please and count the coils :laughing:

1 Like

Haha, I’m guessing a few more than 24 then?

2 Likes

I think jiviitas video about powercoils is still valid

1 Like

18 coils takes the same amount of time as 24, but the spark cost is greater. I have all my machines with 18 coils because I’d rather have to pay more spark than to have more coils on each machine.

1 Like

Sounds like I have some to spare if you need any :laughing:

1 Like

For most of the older recipes I have found 12 advanced power coils to be optimal for time. I use maxed out machines for compacting coal, working with the special materials, and Marble, Mosaic, and Deco Gravel. I also use a fully powered workbench.

1 Like

Hahaha well I feel stupid, I even replied to that post :joy: Just totally forgot about it :upside_down_face:

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

I was just about to mention that, lol

1 Like

Lol, yes I noticed and chose not to mention the fact.

So why are you wanting to optimize the coil number exactly? To save space or to save on coil costs? Because the price of coils is a fraction of what they used to be.

1 Like

Save on space, cost doesn’t bother me as I can make money quite steadily and like the delayed gratification of saving up for stuff.

Basically making a tower where each level focuses on something different, so one floor is dedicated to crafting and want to fit in 2 of each machine plus coils for all whilst keeping it look neat. So gonna start with just 10 coils per machine then work my way up from there :ok_hand:

1 Like

Just make the Tower wider really :slight_smile: to max out the Coils. You will regret it one day not having all Coils on all machines.
I sure did eventually.

1 Like

Yep that I can understand.

I’m in the process of redesigning/building a completely new workshop and might actually take into account optimal coil numbers this time rather than just maxing them all as I’d like to have separate machines and storage dedicated to specific recipes now that I know exactly what I want from each machine.

1 Like

The tower is pretty large so I should have the space, each floor is about 4x4 plots wide and 10 blocks from floor to ceiling :slight_smile:

Then what stops you from maxing out Coils?

Not starting an Argument, just curious.

1 Like

Don’t worry, it doesn’t come across that way :slight_smile:

I want a layout where it looks good (in my eyes) and the more coils I have to add past 10 will mean I have to alter the layout so I just wanted to know how much benefit I would get for adding extra coil and if that was worth changing my design :slight_smile: