Prefab Gallery

Thanks Nyuydles! I’ll be posting the results today.

2 Likes

Another quick note for all you prefab builders. Try using different combinations of leaves and wood so we can get more variety into worlds. Sorry if it sounds like I’m complaining. Currently there is no easy way to swap materials in prefabs.

5 Likes

Oh wow guys!!! Your prefabs are fab! :smile:

7 Likes

I see what you did there :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Small/medium trees and gleam geodes

13 Likes

I managed to get my prefabs to display in a biome (thanks @nevir & @Predatoxic - How Do Prefab!¡? - #25 by nevir) so that I could test to see what they looked like in a “real-world” environment. As @lucadeltodecso said, any unnecessary overlap on the prefab just makes it jut out of the landscape and it looks weird!

General rules of thumb that I have learned (mostly the hard way :stuck_out_tongue: ):-

• the smaller the connecting point to the landscape, the better it will look on the landscape.
  • always, and I mean always, add some below ground details - at least 2-3 blocks, as prefabs will almost certainly be placed where they just looks really odd without it!

I’m quite pleased at how these are starting to look now…

I just need to work out how to place them more sporadically and less clustered on the landscape now!

Edit: and yes, I know my big trees are placed in the wrong biome :wink:

7 Likes

Increase the frequency on your noise function, and increase the threshold a bit

2 Likes

and reduce density

3 Likes

Perfect! Thanks! Bit of fine tuning and I should be able to test them more thoroughly across different biome/terrain types!

2 Likes

@lucadeltodecso Will we be able to submit prefabs after the release of the game as well?

1 Like

I’ve been playing on some ‘Ancient Oort heads’ concepts. I know… all have the same ‘monkey face’ but with different crest. Anyway, if you like it I can work on more faces with other traits.

PD: Sorry for my english.

15 Likes

The results of this evenings prefab shenanigans (warning… large post!)…

A collection of ‘nik-naks’ …

my personal favourite :wink:

Twisty trees (various heights)…

… and some other trees…

… with mould :fearful:

9 Likes

I really love the crystals!!! All the trees are amazing and the ruins. we need all of this in game! :smiley:

3 Likes

Those trees look so cool!

11 Likes

GHOST! :scream:

7 Likes

:stars::pray::hugging::fireworks::sparkles::dizzy::tada:

1 Like

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

6 Likes

I’m probably going to start making some of my own prefabs, starting off with some alien flora :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I started to make Zendikar Hedrons. It will be awesome :slight_smile:

Ancient Oortian bird head

10 Likes