How Do Prefab!¡?

For me, I have to press the direction key twice to move after placing a block in full screen mode. Windowed mode isn’t affected by this though.

Yeah, I’ve run into the same symptoms on the OS X build a few times :frowning:

@nevir have you managed to add prefabs into a world yet? I’m a little stuck on how to do this at present!

You have to use them as a decoration. So you just connect them to the decoration node like you would connect a tree

1 Like

I’ve been trying that but can’t seem to get them to appear. I’m trying to add them to one of the existing example (albeit old) worlds, and then generating the chunk in the hope that they will appear, but have been unsuccessful so far :frowning:

Don’t have time to go full on tutorial (probably won’t until next week), but try something like this:

Play with threshold (lower == more frequent prefab placements), and density sliders

And as @Predatoxic mentions, make sure that constraint types match whatever block types you want the prefab to spawn on

3 Likes

Are you sure you have the right constrant type selected?

3 Likes

Thanks - will give it a go!

Double thanks guys… that worked a treat! I missed the constraint and was setting the threshold too high :flushed:

4 Likes

Is there a way to get the grass green? Changing colors in the world settings does not work for me.

The grass should be taking on the color of what ever world it is placed into. Therefore, to get green grass, the world needs to be built with green grass already. You don’t place green grass in prefab.

4 Likes

Oh have tried that with a biome but that does not work for me either. It does recognise other blocks color settings though (tried some stone and soil successfully).

Hmm. May be a bug.

Yeah, maybe. Just as possible that i did something wrong on the way :wink:

The grass colour should come from the world as @Havok40k describes. If it’s not happening then it’s a bug. We’ll get it fixed.

5 Likes

Thanks for the prompt response! Looking forward to the next update then :smiley:

How about other colours? Can we use all of proposed blocks, or, maybe, Dark Glass, Oort, Dark Matter and same others are a valuable resources and prefabs from this blocks will be source of materials which can ruin the economics balance?

I think all of those are available atm. No ores though

1 Like

All blocks will be available for prefabs unless we feel their usage will unbalance the worlds, crafting, progression and/or economy. But then again it’s up to us which prefabs we construct worlds from. If some are too bling we’ll simply not be able to use them without modification.

5 Likes

Do you have any recommendations about that?

Is there anything else I have to do besides of adding a standard decoration node like the one you are showing (with a connected prefab + noise node) to the biome node?

I´m trying to get it to work using one of the ‘standard tree’ nodes but wasn’t able to get them do generate yet.