Prefab Gallery

Would it be possible to add functionality to the prefab instance that allows us to push a block (or group of blocks) in a certain direction? This would be extremely helpful if we create a prefab at the wrong height or position.

1 Like

Played with height today :). I also tried to make a tree similar to the old ones back in the good ol’ Oort Online day. Mixing in influence from the trees in @Karko’s old “fortress” world (i can’t remember what it was called, but the colors reminded me of a golf course with the purple and red cotton candy trees and cliffs that looked like walls) and the dense forests in Lleb.

18 Likes

Those sloped leaves really change the feel of it!

1 Like

Those evergreens <3

4 Likes

These look fantastic guys.

Can I put a vote in for some smaller trees. The larger ones look fantastic, but for the sake of diversity a set of smaller ones would also be great (much like Nyuudles smaller evergreen).

5 Likes

In general it would be preferable that the worldbuilder was made to make the simpler trees as that would allow a greater variety in the long run.

2 Likes

I gave up on trying to make a decent tree, apparently I just suck at adding a bunch of leaves to some sticks :confounded:
So I made a giant head instead

reminds me a of a monkey for some reason…

6 Likes

made a little tree/shrubbery ^^

11 Likes

Ok… took me a while, but I shifted everything up by one block on my monuments file and now added a base for each of them! Hopefully they will look ok when placed in the world now!

11 Likes

Sorry another prefab spam from me … I’m having too much fun!

Raised altar…

Short but wide tree with overground & underground roots…

10 Likes

there is no spam in the gallery as long as you keep on posting your creations :smile:

5 Likes

Or you just enslave your community with a clever feature called ‘prefab’ so they make a pool of custom-made trees for you :wink:

3 Likes

OK, last one from me for tonight … I really should get some sleep!

I re-jigged the other monument variations I did before to include a base, and also created a ruins out of the last one…

Edit: last one (honest!) … just a little Nik-nak this time!

Nite all!

15 Likes

Sorry to burst bubbles, but the base shouldn’t be wider than the prefab like that or it’s not going to help much really… now instead of the prefab floating a bit you’re just going to have a random jutting out bit of land too :stuck_out_tongue:

I drew my quick picture quite purposefully so the base was no wider and like an inverted pyramid, with the intention that it was part of the prefab proper, like stone foundations for a house/ruin, or roots for a tree etc, not random piece of soil/grass. (Though I now understand why you started wanting magic copy blocks)

Honestly, my suggestion here is try ‘‘using’’ your prefab on some noisy steep terrain and look at what it looks like and why I suggest whst I say :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Smallish trees for the night :slight_smile:. They’re no taller than about 7-10 blocks from the prefab base.

For the last one I made it so the inside would have an open area of 5x5x3 blocks. A natural shelter for anyone to hide or rest in

14 Likes

Erf… Now I need to work out how to create noisy steep terrain and add prefabs to it!

My reasoning for adding the base like that was focused around how the prefabs would look on generally flatish ground, and how seamlessly they would integrate with the surrounding land, without the soil/rock/other material you used for the base abruptly ending at the edge of the main prefab.

It would be difficult to apply this to ruins where you generally don’t have foundations for sections that have fallen away from the building proper.

Additional reasoning was that generally structures (monuments etc) designed for flatter landscapes wouldn’t have been built in that way on the side of steep noisy terrain. Surely it’s just a case of only adding prefabs to biomes where they actually fit properly, both in design and context?

I’ll have to have a play around with adding my prefabs to different terrains this weekend, so I can get a better understanding for what’s actually required.

1 Like

Sure, you couid say your prefab only spawns on gradient == 0, but if the prefab is more than a few blocks wide, it could still end up hanging off the edge of a slope or cliff

Played a little more with the shelter trees

11 Likes

Hence the reason for giving it a base to give it some grounding to hang off on, as opposed to get the monument itself half floating off the slope/cliff :wink:

1 Like

Wow you guys are really spewing out these prefabs, I’m glad you enjoy making them.

5 Likes